• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX-5000

You will have fun with that radio, I have the SS 6900 which is the same radio, they sound really good paired with a KPO nm-532 power mic over the stock mic.

Reactions: Eldorado828
This is the new version with no internal adjustments. The board looks like the new Stryker board. Curious to see how it does, the videos online make it look promising.

Reactions: jdchet
Hello,
New guy thinking about getting one of these radios.
I might have a bunch of things wrong in what I have written below so feel free to correct me.
It seems the output turned down is 2 1/2 watts DK with peak about 35-40 watts? Could I use this with a KL 503HD? The DK should be fine but the Peak at 35-40 watts is at/just above the 35 watt rating on the 503 HD. On the other hand if this radio were used with a true high drive amp, straight 4 or 8 pill, would it have enough to drive it since its max is about 50watts? Not the best video of a power test but all I can find. This is for a base station with a MACO V58.
Thanks in advance for any help.
David

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?