• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Favourite radio shop to deal with

Might just want to do a search on ARRL. Have seen many radio stacks that have a CB in it. They are more likely to have the proper equipment to do a proper job. Will try to make you a HAM, what have you got to lose. You will learn something, and your stuff will work right. Probably won't have to worry about blowin' up chickens and setting off car alarms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover
I’ve been buying radios, etc, from Clays Radio Shop for 21-years. Several big truck installs.

The following I have bought supplies or gear from this past year. Some just today. CB-related only. Happy with all of them.

Bobs CB

Bells CB

Giga-Parts

DX Engineering

West Mountain Radio

PowerWerx

AntennaOutlet

MFJ

Palomar Engineers

Tac-Comm

I’ve also bought Uniden 880 & 885 radios from Loves Travel Centers due to points on fuel card. Plus too much miscellaneous to rightly inventory.

Reactions: skip searcher
8541 electronics if i dont do it myself. dont use the wanna bees on Facebook

I have developed a new level of respect for you...

I talked to Richard Jr a few months ago and he’s completely out of the CB game now. Not to say that he won’t take one for special customers but he told me he tossed out every single parts radio he had laying in the shop when they moved to the new building. I certainly hated to hear that, I would’ve took them all if he’d just let me know.

He said the CB business just fell off and he’s doing 2 way and business stuff now. Well, he always did that but now it’s just so busy and so much of it, so he doesn’t have time to mess with CB anymore.

I wish I’d called him about a week sooner, I’d have gladly went and got all his parts radios. He said he forgot about me or he’d have called and had me come get them. I ask him how in the world could you forget somebody like me? I know people that have been trying their whole life to and can’t, hahaha

I’ve been buying radios, etc, from Clays Radio Shop for 21-years. Several big truck installs.

The following I have bought supplies or gear from this past year. Some just today. CB-related only. Happy with all of them.

Bobs CB

Bells CB

Giga-Parts

DX Engineering

West Mountain Radio

PowerWerx

AntennaOutlet

MFJ

Palomar Engineers

Tac-Comm

I’ve also bought Uniden 880 & 885 radios from Loves Travel Centers due to points on fuel card. Plus too much miscellaneous to rightly inventory.
The points are a good way to buy Equipment even if you sell for cash , you won’t be long building up points .

Reactions: Slowmover
He said the CB business just fell off and he’s doing 2 way and business stuff now. Well, he always did that but now it’s just so busy and so much of it, so he doesn’t have time to mess with CB anymore.

Business band stuff now, that makes two places I know of that were in CB but wound up migrating to Business services industry.

Kinda sad to see their "hobby" turn out like this ....

It's happening all over.

It started in the early 2000s and it's been accelerating towards the bottom.
Less people coming in is an issue because they prefer instant messengers and those that do come in get sucked into a culture of "moar watts" that the decent shops simply won't indulge.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?