• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Favourite radio shop to deal with

... You KNOW you are a CB'er when...
... SHARK TANK just reminds you that you need to Clean out the Litter Box, Bird Cage and Change "Guppies" Water....

The only time I like swing or use a pee e pee watt meter is on ssb. Good AM holds the meter steady while the shack heats up.

You've probably seen a bunch of "techs" like is around here, with their golden screwdrivers and gold plated Dosy meters. I wouldn't have an issue with that if they'd just stop yanking out limiters and telling people "hey, I tuned your radio and it's blowing smoke now". That's just deceptive and wrong... it's flat out lying.

And I own a Dosy meter myself. I also own an Aries triple meter thingie. But I also own a Coaxial Dynamics meter with Bird slugs, I've made sure to calibrate my POS meters by the CD. I have a service monitor too, it and the CD agree with other so I feel fairly good about my watt readings. I just mostly use the Aries to read average power and the Dosy is reading the peak watts, that's just so a customer can see what his mess is doing... for serious business I turn the service monitor on.

I use a 10,000 BTU propane infrared heater to heat my shop, with a thermostat. Next year I'll swap out the crappy AC I have now for one of those mini split systems. I guess a big tube amp would be cheaper than my gas bill... maybe I should look into that.

Modify your bench stool with a Peltier Heater/Cooler pad with a reversing switch in the winter it will heat your A** in the Summer it will cool your A** then you can run a 3-watt radio and be legal while using your big power supply for the Bench stool. See how easy it is to be GREEN! and the FCC will applaud as well.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I used to have one in a computer I built, that didn’t work so well, condensation.

Then I converted to water cooling and used the peltier to chill the water & radiator. Made overclocking really cool, literally.

I think you’re just trying to see me burn my little butt cheeks. Hahahahaha.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.