• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FCC should just open up 11meters as a Citizens experimental band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. when so we want to start playing with digital modes, since propagation isn't all that at the moment...

A little JS8Call or FT8 on 27.415 could be interesting ...

Just look at England, for example...

They had FM only for a long time. The guys started bucking the trend and running AM/SSB outlaw style... then they allowed AM/SSB legally...

We should be allowed to run AM/FM/SSB and digital here in the "land of the free" (as long as the government can't profit off it)...

The good news is, I don't see 30MHZ and down being of interest for big tech to want to buy

Last edited:
Here is an early G.E. Mobile, standard A.M. 40 Channel Radio Transmitting a SSTV signal with an easy-digi and RS-232 to USB adapter.

The image can demodulated using an RTL-SDR and freeware. (experimental testing performed using an r.f. dummy load.)

I.m.o. F.M. and limited data should be alowed on the 11 Meter Citizens Band...

Attachments

• 20201207_162801.jpg
    20201207_162801.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 192
Reactions: Bow
The UK used FM, if the FCC had allowed us to use FM it would have been much better as far as interference is concerned.

Jeff

This is what I would like to see on CB in the U.S.
Since the UK already has the allocation for the narrow band FM freqs up around 27.6-27.9, why not allocate it in the U.S.? the equipment already exists, and the emission mode (NFM) is required on HF anyway, so come on FCC...get off yer arses and throw us a bone. It’s 2021...give U.S CB users NFM. Then I could use my President Grant II legally on 11m (being the obedient American citizen I am, I only use it on 10m with my government-issued amateur radio license. “Yes sir, thank you sir...may I please have another Covid 19 vaccination shot?’)

Here is an early G.E. Mobile, standard A.M. 40 Channel Radio Transmitting a SSTV signal with an easy-digi and RS-232 to USB adapter.

The image can demodulated using an RTL-SDR and freeware. (experimental testing performed using an r.f. dummy load.)

I.m.o. F.M. and limited data should be alowed on the 11 Meter Citizens Band...

Just curious,

What does the interconnection look like for this?

Computer to radio...

Yeah no worries Bow,
I used the KF5INZ "Easy Digi" Soundcard interface
purchased on eBay.

The radio has an RS-232 Serial Connector mounted on the back panel, this connects to a few spots on the easy digi PCB tucked away inside. An onboard switching circuit connects to the radios p.t.t. TX circuit.

The freeware on the computer now controls the radios transmit function through a USB-to-serial adapter.

Audio/data is sent from the laptop's (ipad/phone/whatever) soundcard output through a male-male 3.5mm aux audio patch cable that's connected to the radio's (*now repurposed) P.A. jack on the back.

The isolation tranformers used in this kit help eliminate any hum or feedback issues, they suit this application just fine, but wide-band fidelity is out probably out of the question.

Last edited:
The UK used FM, if the FCC had allowed us to use FM it would have been much better as far as interference is concerned.

Jeff
Plus, the capture effect of the FM demodulator would make it much easier to "pass fives" on the Super bowl. It also could have been the predecessor to the Green New Deal. Saving tons of fossil fuel energy, by ending the hours of hollering into the microphone on AM, resulting in no clear winner at the end. With the slew of class C amps there, operators were already well prepared in advance for FM mode.

no one uses it except CB. At this point why not just open it legally and allow people to use Ham equipment to operate on the band. Ham radios are clean and dont splatter etc.. and it would give people a chance to get a taste of working HF and might get them into getting a Ham license and operate all HF.

Thats what got me interested, got my feet wet and wanted to get my license so I can work 20 meters etc..

I bet Icom,Yaseu etc.. would love to see this happen, they would sell a lot more radios and the legit Amp companies like Acom,Ameritron etc... would love it as well.
just curious no offence but where in hell everybody dream up these ideas? lots awready doin what you posted . sounds like the got the old cheep lincoln arc welder hooked up as a footwarmer. if you want to try something go ahead n try it no need to ask fcc in my opinion

I don’t think any radio splatters until you start crank in’ up the 1.21 jiggawatts on the golden Dosy meter you won from the golden screwdriver jockey devil.

I got carried away inside my head, I wish y’all could’ve seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated