• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gather ye radios while ye may

So happy that I already have 2 radios that are older and both work. I am kicking around the idea of picking up a 3rd just because..... Need to see about getting in touch with the guy who has it.

Reactions: Rwb
im afraid im gonna have to pay duty tax n that ends low price.if its not in usa i stop there. bought a radio from canada n was hit $35 duty tax.
i think we get hit at random at times

I got the 955v2, checking it out now. Stryker is staying ahead of the game with this one, all the original features and a few more like the K-PO 5000 but with a different twist. I will give a full report soon, the v1 set the bar high, and now it just went up a few notches with the v2. Closing the gap between export and HF for sure.

I got the 955v2, checking it out now. Stryker is staying ahead of the game with this one, all the original features and a few more like the K-PO 5000 but with a different twist. I will give a full report soon, the v1 set the bar high, and now it just went up a few notches with the v2. Closing the gap between export and HF for sure.
Nice, I'll be waiting to hear the verdict!a0beec54-b354-450a-8e53-a774c3ac2474_129472273572171.gif

Nice, I'll be waiting to hear the verdict!View attachment 58434
Unfortunately the radio didn't come with a manual, so I am unsure what some of the features are. I emailed Trucks and he said that none of the radios from that order had a manual and that he was trying to get some from Stryker. The Stryker website only has the old manual to download.

The noise reduction is great except it is not adjustable like the K-PO? Maybe I just don't know what the level setting is called. The transmit and receive filter width is adjustable from 2k to 4k and a few steps in between. The sixth digit on the frequency display is now functional with the coarse adjustment, and the fine clarifier shows its offset on the main display. After I get a manual and get familiar with the adjustments, I plan on putting the 955 head to head with the K-PO, Icom 718, and President Madison. The receiver test is real easy with all the transceivers on the same switch. Stay tuned!

ps. I just got an email notice from Trucks that they are back in stock now.

Reactions: Rwb and Keto

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.