• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gather ye radios while ye may

Interesting, had never heard of radio dr. The prices seem pretty decent.

As far as the 959, it still has a real channel selector and not an encoder. Ranger tried that play and didn't work well so they wound up going back to the selector even on several ranger branded ones. Like surface mount, eventually they'll all have encoders too

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Reactions: Eldorado828
Yeah same menu as ss6900N and at-5555, so just press hold function to access menu for Mic gain and such. Just repackaged for different look. its not much bigger then a AT-6666 in the front face. Just the mic is way too small.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Yes it does do 11 meter, here snapped a pic to show size compared to AT-6666 and powered up...channel display stays green but Freq display does all the colors.

View attachment 57573

View attachment 57575
Appears to be a good looking radio. Looks about the size of say a cobra 29?
The fact that at least the frequency display color can change is nice, is there a color to match the channel led? Ocd doesn't let me like the multicolored displays on other radios so if this one can do one color, it might be a winner for me.
Please update on power and performance.
Does it have a electret and dynamic mic function?

I promise, I'll ask no more questions!

Dropped the hammer on 2 x K-PO DMC 110 P6 mics, one for the DX-10 and SS6900N, the stocker's are real stinkers on these imho. Should have in a week. Funny thing is these are a Dynamic mic but the video reviews I have seen, the audio is more punchy with these over the stock mic.

910111.jpg

Dropped the hammer on 2 x K-PO DMC 110 P6 mics, one for the DX-10 and SS6900N, the stocker's are real stinkers on these imho. Should have in a week. Funny thing is these are a Dynamic mic but the video reviews I have seen, the audio is more punchy with these over the stock mic.

View attachment 57610

Where did you order them from? I thought about getting one myself.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.