• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gather ye radios while ye may

Chris: I told you before, piece of cake for you. I know even though we have never worked on the air, you're a fine operator. I look forward to many contacts soon in your future.
Keep at your studies, few weeks or sooner you'll be ready for your General test. You'll kill it OM.
If I can help somehow, please let me know.
Only silly question is the one never asked!(y)
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Antennas??? you have a good spot...need to start thinking that way!

Just picked up a Kenwood 140s with the Kenwood power supply and speaker. It's well used, but not all used up. Made an adapter for my Astatic D104m6b and then proceeded to talk to a mobile unit in Missouri. This will be a great portable unit to take to the beach.

1.jpg

Attachments

• ts140s (1).pdf
    2 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: Crawdad and NZ8N
Chris: Good little rig! Clean those slide switches and use them sparingly when possible. Those are known failure parts, and pretty much on the unobtainable list.
Watch the carrier level on AM/FM... about 15-20 watts is max, I think book says 25-40w (?) but they get HOT quick, if you gas bag like me:ROFLMAO:

PS: Quit "jabbering" on 11m... STUDY!!!! HF Antennas!!!!:p:p:cool:
How many HF RIGS NOW 3 ???:D:love:

Went to visit a local and got a good deal on another 2547 along with a deal on a Galaxy Saturn Turbo that I couldn't pass up. :cool:
I didn't realize how big this radio was until I got it home.

View attachment 57160
The Galaxy Saturn Turbo is basically the same as the Ranger 2995DX like I have(which I Love) if I remember correctly,back in the early 90s I had the Galaxy Saturn 25 Watt version,great radio on SSB,made contacts all over the world with that,of course the Solar Cycle was alot better than if I remember correctly!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.