• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got a Sirio m 400 Star duster

where ever you decide to put it,
if you want good results from a starduster mount it with the radial tips just above the insulator in your mast & wind a 5 turns x 4.25" choke around the insulator;).

Reactions: Slowmover
Bobby , Bobby , Bobby ! Do you need & antenna for every radio you have ? :LOL: That is an awesome antenna & you make me jealous ! I have 2 Scanner antennas , one is remote , the other I used a Dish antenna mount ( which I have a few of ) , mounted that on the side of my 30' Push pole . It won't work for the Star Duster but maybe if you can find one in the trash it will free up some space for you ? I know you got this figured out ! Your Clients give you info ! :ROFLMAO: Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

I have a Sirio Starduster on the corner of my garage. Been up for a few years, does great. It has had no problem with the hurricanes that we have had. I am currently running my Cobra 18 with a KL203 and I am not disappointed.

Before you put it together, take the SO connector out of the hub. Apply some silicone dielectric grease to the stud and plastic washer. Then reassemble and tighten securely. I read the reviews when I got mine and this was a big complaint about getting water in the coax.

I put mine up with 10 foot sections of water pipe. I ran the coax inside the mast and came out the bottom with an electrical "pull" box with the oval cover. This was the easiest way to get the coax out and still have pipe below it. I have this mast bolted to the side of a 3 inch pipe that is used for a yard light. It is attached to the block wall at the back corner of the garage. The antenna ended up about 10 feet above the light at around 32 feet.

I assembled it according to the instructions and the SWR is less than 1.2 on the CB Band. I plan on running a long coax to the house to put it on my main antenna switch. For right now, it just serves the garage station. Have fun, you will enjoy it.

Found it at home depot I guess you just knock out one of the circles on top?
I looked at Homedepo website and did not see it. I might have gotten it at Lowe's. Any electrical supply house should have it.

ConduitBodies-C1_s.jpg
Made of aluminum and has a cover. I just left the cover off to run the coax out, but you could notch the cover to fit around the coax so you could put it on. Here is the website I found the picture on:

https://www.mrsupply.com/1-1-4-rigid-threaded-type-c-conduit-bodies-copper-free-aluminum.html

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.