• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got a Sirio m 400 Star duster

Now I have to find the right size pipe to fit the hub...of the antenna..
I can't remember what size I used. Water pipe is measured by inside diameter, I believe. Your best bet would be to take the hub with you to see what fits. I do remember cutting the threaded portion off the pipe so the hub screws could get a good bite on the straight part of the pipe.

I can't remember what size I used. Water pipe is measured by inside diameter, I believe. Your best bet would be to take the hub with you to see what fits. I do remember cutting the threaded portion off the pipe so the hub screws could get a good bite on the straight part of the pipe.
Yep I should have known take the DAMN hub!! This is what happens when you have been around chemicals for 30 years. They mess with your bean...

Yep I should have known take the DAMN hub!! This is what happens when you have been around chemicals for 30 years. They mess with your bean...

It feels like I spend more energy in writing lists, measuring and such than ever before. Not that it’s a problem to have to do so (organizing is half the fun),

- But then I leave the list behind.

- Believe (could swear it, by crikey) I ordered the KEY supplies off Amazon.
Nope

- Get project vehicles mixed up.

Etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: undertaker
I agree, unless you are only shooting for ~30'.
For heavier I can buy used oilfield flow line for far less than rigid plumbing.

You probably are already aware, but be careful cutting welding and grinding on used oilfield pipe it’s almost always full of radio active scale aka norm. A lot of scrap metal places wave a Geiger counter over it before they will even accept it.

If you want local, 9' to 43'.
If you want DX, ground mount it, or go to 52'.

Can't tell you about all around. Mine is at 44', but no real DX conditions right now. Worked out from 300 to 1300 miles. Nothing internationally.
Works fine locally.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated