• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gunz & Radios

6.8 Grendle close to .35 Whelen? I'd say no.

A .267 caliber bullet as compared to a .358 caliber bullet. Probably not .

.35 Whelen cartridge is built on a .30-'06 shell case with expanded neck.

Don't know for sure but I'm guessing the 6.8 Grendel cartridge would be based on necked-down .308 case at the best...maybe even 5.56 case.

I know nothing of the new cartridges.

375630575.jpg

Reactions: 357magnum
I believe the Grendle was derived out of necessity and Kack, some crap the Somalis would get high on before an attack on US forces there. The 5.56 just did not have the knock down to take out a Kacked up Somali, so the heavier caliber. 30 cal. I believe. Not sure. But that 6.8 dropped them in their tracks compared to a mag dump of Hyped up 22's on steroids. The 6.8 is great for hogs down here in TX. But I prefer my cowboy assault rifle for Hawgs, lever action 30-30. Good ole' lever action. Faster than my Model 70 308.

I would not worry, FOGDOG is right in here with us.

I'm real partial to my 30.06 Smith and Wesson model 1500. A wide variety of factory ammo is available From the light weight 110 grain up to a custom 280 grain Spitzer boat tail. I don't like shooting the heavy round very much because it kicks like a monster.

Last edited:
Gotta love RedB w/ that can of " Chaw " on the desk !:) Fog I have a sweet .177 cal Pellet Gun I bought over 30 years a go from a neighbor " Barnet Spit Fire " only a single shot side lever cock . Very powerful & accurate . Later on I learned the are worth Big $'s . Another gun I haven't played with in a while . Damn I have to learn to post pic's on here ! I can do it , but the way I have to is a PIA !:whistle: Pic(s) of internet ,https://www.bing.com/images/search?...fle&selectedindex=0&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1,2,6

S&W357,
The Rem. 700's have always been my favorites, easy to work on.
My inventory for the 700's includes: 300 mag, 7mag, 270, and (2) 22-250's.

Here are my two 700 22-250's:
000_0568.jpg

I have reloaded all my ammo since 1975. I can remember back when I was loading the 7mag for $4 box and the 22-250 for $2.20.

Tall , Dip , that's the word I was looking for ! But I slept till 10am today , things been a tad crazy @ the farm & I only had 1 cup of :coffee: !:LOL: & BTW .... That Air Rifle Doesn't Count !:whistle::ROFLMAO: But I wouldn't mine having that Barrette/ Howitzer cross !:LOL:

But this Air Rifle talk has given me an idea ! I just put my Bird Feeders back up . I had taken them down because every Spring the PIA Black Bears wander through causing havoc .In RI we can't " Legally " shoot them as we have no season . But they just :censored: things up while passing through ! Wife's carry's her gun every morning now while @ the barn as our land a butts almost 5K ac of state land just to scare the :censored: holes off . My plan .... Air Rifle Time !:LOL: A few correctly place shots ought to piss him off as he does me !:ROFLMAO: BTW , all Bird Feeders have been put back up !:LOL:

But this Air Rifle talk has given me an idea ! I just put my Bird Feeders back up . I had taken them down because every Spring the PIA Black Bears wander through causing havoc .In RI we can't " Legally " shoot them as we have no season . But they just :censored: things up while passing through ! Wife's carry's her gun every morning now while @ the barn as our land a butts almost 5K ac of state land just to scare the :censored: holes off . My plan .... Air Rifle Time !:LOL: A few correctly place shots ought to piss him off as he does me !:ROFLMAO: BTW , all Bird Feeders have been put back up !:LOL:
That air rifle will kill a bear. And you don't want an ill tempered injured bear cruising around your house.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.