• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Handles and CB Etiquette?

Ahh you will find a few drivers that still chat.i do and listen too.never know whats waitin up ahead round the bend, speed trap,wreck or fantastic female views free for the lookin, seat covers

Any body got the 10-36 Good Buddies?
My answer to that one was you can afford a radio but not a TIMEX?
Etiquette: Don't copy another persons handle! For example I have been unit #55 since 1968 as this was assigned to me by the Comal County React and rescue. It was a way to get a CB radio on the cheap for 12 months service and 12 payments of $10.00. (All Crystals included)

I-95 is @ 3 miles from my Home ( 10-20 , lol) and I check 19 all the time sometimes in the early morning hours I hear a few , no way is it like years back ! Maybe they use Zello !:ROFLMAO: Btw , KMA - 5280 here , years back when you had to get a license .

Early seventies used my call sign, 80's had a handle same one as now. When shooting skip I use my handle. Out here on the ranch we use plain text. The CB is a useful tool, never had the money for extra power, could have used it a time or two. Midland makes a really nice handheld that has weather channels. We have two of them and they will work as a car radio with the accessories that come with the radio. They don't use a whole lot of power either. When off the ranch I use my handle. The CB is a good thing once again due to cell phones. When the big one hits the CB and HAMs will be there to pick up the country and keep us on Top. 164northerncal standing by

I have a couple of books and had all the FCC info from the 70's Folks use cell phone now. No SWR or antenna's to fuss with. I bought an antenna analyzer to get it right before getting it 100 feet into the air. It is a pain in the ass to climb up up a limbless tree and try to tune a gama-match hanging on to the edge of life for a radio signal. Been that way all my life. It is just something how the radio brings folks together. And it stands as a service to our mountain community's.

Your nasty! Being how some folks call it Children's Band I thought being childish is appropriate! Welcome to the CB world. Just make sure that when you install your radio that you go straight to the battery for power connections. It will greatly increase your radio performance. I assume you have a mobile. I run Wilson 5000's on most of my rigs. I also tun a long stainless steel whip, I think it is 108" with the spring mount. Very good in the high country. The Wilson is one of the best antennas I have owned. The load coil will crack due to hitting tree limbs ect. The stainless steel whip is good to knock the birds off phone lines and knock fluorescent tubes out at the gas station. I have to blame the tubes knocked out on the many earthquakes. California you know!

Used to run the Wilson, got god reports. But the 102" SS Whip w/ Hvy. Duty Spring smokes them. I agree with the taking out birds on a wire and have broke a few fluorescent lights out a the fuel pumps. It's even more fun to run up the linear and make them light up. The SS Whip is easier to fix, I just use the back side of my hatchet to straighten the bends. For fun, you can tie a fishing line to it and catch fish, though I really did mess up the spring. Dumb things I have done.

I can't say enough about a 102" whip , my first mobile antenna , They Work ! But I can't bring myself to drilling holes in the Eddie Bauer Explorer my XYL gave me ( She'd be a Tad upset ):LOL: and I have no use for the old bumper mounts . The Dx I talked on that thing w/ my old Lafayette Radio that looked like an old school telephone . I think I paid $25 for it when they were going out of business here in Ri . Hence the Stryker SRA10 magmount now .

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.