• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Handles and CB Etiquette?

Ok, trying to wrap my head around the radio wave thing. I am in a Ham class and it is the wavelength and how it divides into 1/2, 1/4 ect. that we are going to study in more detail this next week or so. When I have got it locked into my brain I won't forget it. It is just understanding it more in depth. I have learned a bit reading on this forum.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I was going to make a receiver hitch mount for the ones I just got. I think the 102 is a full wave antenna correct?

On CB frequencies, 102 (often a 6 inch spring will be added) is "about" 1/4 wl.

Also the term "co-phased" is just plain wrong, they are just "phased" as you correctly said in post # 50.

receiver hitch mounts usually have a poor ground, but, they are convenient if you need to remove the antenna.

Last edited:
Reactions: 357magnum
Yes Rs , My mistake you are correct " Phase" is the right term as much as have learned here some of the Old School phrases still pop up when I type . I stand corrected and apologize for the use of that term .But if correct that is what it was advertised as . :whistle::)

164 , buy that co-phase antenna harness truckers use and try both ? Not sure how far apart they should be , but that might be a talker !;)

Unfortunately, the 102's aren't user friendly to running dual antennas. Tried that and due to the lack of width of vehicle they don't tune well. Best results, not good ones, were with the adjustable balls angling the antennas away from each other. Need at least 8'-0" or more apart. With the damned things angled off the sides of my white Dodge 3500 4x4, my truck looked like a fishing trawler out in the Gulf. One is all you need, with good ground, and adequate ground plane. From here on the coast I can reach Porto Rico, Miami, NC, OK. I'm in Texas, conditions also play with the ability to make contact.

Reactions: 357magnum
Wow, a 2 pounder - 36 ozs' hmmm...speaking of "two pounder" I was looking thru some Flip Flops
FlipFlops3.gif d-type-flip-flop-animation.gif FlipFlops4.gif

Then I came across this...
FlipFlops2.gif

Then I remembered something I had picked up while I used my "whip" for fishing myself - didn't catch anything had a bad day...

Because all I caught were these...
FlipFlops.gif

Could these be yours?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.