• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Have you purchased ham gear because of this site? What was it?

I'll add to my previous post the Moxon 10 meter beam after seeing a pic from a forum member using one. I wanted a small beam I can get away with in my HOA neighborhood and this fits the bill.

and i just bought the ft450d to add to my collection. brand new. i only buy new when it comes to ham radios. to many screwdriver techs out there

Now you have more than plenty to run any HF radio you want to and also run other things too and still have some headroom for sure!! I wouldn't hesitate ordering another S400-12 or even the S700-12. They are pretty darn good power supplies for the money! And they don't produce any hash that I have been able to find on other freqs. Enjoy it. Good day.

the only thing about that p.s i cant tolerate
the fan. way to loud for me. so i put it in the closet for now. im using the 40 amp megawatt not loud at all.i might sell it dont know yet

I put up the challenge before about information on a 17 CFM 12 volt fan than is quieter and I got no response. What other true 50 amp power supplies out there have a quite fans? My fan noise is all air flow. Its not motor or bearing noise. PM me so I can buy one and test it. I would love to make it run cool and quite!

i got into ham radio because of this forum and never looked back.only thing is ham radio is a expensive hobby

Reactions: binrat
i got into ham radio because of this forum and never looked back.only thing is ham radio is a expensive hobby

I'm going to guess that ham radio is much less expensive than racing!

Actually ham radio has a wide dynamic range in terms of money spent. A lot of people are quite frugal with it and others seem to spend every free dollar on ham gear. Most of us are somewhere in between.

After about 35 years in the hobby I have a couple of big ticket items in the shack. Most things are modest or were bought/traded for used. Over time it's easy to accumulate a large portfolio of gear but amortized over the years, I haven't spent all that much. My largest single outlay of cash was for the K3 and that was in 2010. Since then I've added a bit here and there.

No more so than any other hobby. If you are happy with used gear you can have a full station for less than $1000. What's a new bass boat cost? :D You can spend as much as you want in ham radio but you can also spend VERY little. It depends what you as an individual want to do but again, like any hobby if you want to all out it will cost LOTS.

yeah i should have asked before i spent 3 grand on new. could have got used for half the price.

.... Over time it's easy to accumulate a large portfolio of gear but amortized over the years, I haven't spent all that much. ....

Not a ham here but I've noticed the same thing with CB gear. I consider myself a casual CBer but I have a quite substantial collection/accumulation of gear, most of it was just from the occasional deal that I stumbled on over the years.

With patience a lot of stuff can be picked up pretty cheap, if you have to have it right now then it's probably gonna cost you.

yes sir i bought all my gear new. should have shopped around for a good used rig. its hard to buy used without knowing if its been modded to death
im weary buying used. you never know what your getting

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated