• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help

Went back and got the 33 inches

Forget the 33" for now. I already see that I missed on the dimensions I took off...before I removed the matcher from the hub. Maybe with better dimensions I can figure the total length with less error to consider. I think I figured a possible 1"> error before.

Does your insulator hub look like these with the hole in the side and the hole inside the hub? It looks like these hubs have to be exactly the same.

IMG_1374 (800x600).jpg

IMG_1375 (800x600).jpg

Tried to edit my last message but it would not let me. The same for uploading pics. My housing looks like yours but instead of a "cross" like yours has on top, mine is round with the screw going horizontally into it and the inside looking exactly like yours.

If you can build the coil, the insulator you have will probably work OK, but what will you do about the plate in the base of the mount that holds the SO239? You may have to replace the plate. Can you clean the base plate up, and replace the SO239 or is it rusted to badly?

Yes sir, the so239 will be no problem. Already have one to use. Its just the coil that's holding me up at this point.

Yes sir, the so239 will be no problem. Already have one to use. Its just the coil that's holding me up at this point.

Mr T, if you pm me your address, I'll send this old coil to you.

I messed with it so much that the wire broke on me. So I took out as much wire as I could, until I got close to the tap point in the SO239. This is where the taping loop is twisted and soldered all together inside the center pin on the SO239. This little part of the wire is covered in shrink tubing.

I left 2 loops on the former and they should be 3.875" inches for each wire loop, for 7.75" inches in overall total length.

A little part 1.25" inches of the wire is left screwed inside the hub, and this connection was epoxied in place originally.

If I leave it here maybe you'll be able to figure out how it goes together...and maybe you can make a new wire and get it installed.

You'll probably have to use your new SO239 on the base plate that you already have where the SO239 connector is bolted on and not use the SO239 connector I send.

I measured the wire and put the details on the image I made of the wire.

New wire will serve you better and it should be easy to reassemble.

CLR2 matcher (800x600).jpg

Wires for CLR2 matcher.jpg

My drawing is not so good, but I think this shows the tap point for the center conductor on the SO239, and that is a loop that is a little ways up the wire from the start at the ground connection.

Sorry I broke it, but I suspected there were weak spots in the matcher from being old and getting handled so much. I probably left out and important bit if information here, so if you have questions, just ask or email me.

Keep us posted.

Last edited:
You are far too generous sir. I will pay shipping as well and return it to you when I'm finished. Glad there are still people who go beyond the call to help and I will pay it forward.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with Mr. T , Marconi I for one have gathered as much knowledge as I can from your post's in the short time I have been a member of this forum but as little as it seems your offering to do that let's us all know there is still help for this world ! My sincere thanks to you , an I wish I lived closer because I would have the best home made antenna on the East Coast !:D

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for your kind words 357.

Mr T is still getting just an idea, but maybe with an up and close look...it will be better than I can describe in words and images.

Reactions: 2 people
Let me know if you got addy.

Yep I got it, and I'll post mail the CLR2 coil tomorrow 07/03/14.

Don't return it Mr. T. I'm getting old and I pass this CLR2 coil as a reference, on to you for safe keeping, so maybe you can help others later on.

Last edited:
It will be a big factor in figuring it out and I really appreciate it. Cab fair will be headed your way. Yes I will post my findings for someone else.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.