• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Homemade antenna Issue High SWR

Sorry. I used 3/4" with 1/2" tubing. Use 1" PVC and use tape for shim. My bad...
lmao I was going to do that but I wanted to make sure i got the pole they had no shake spears so i grabbed the black widow same thing i hope inside too

What I think ill do since i have 1/2 copper here and plenty of 3/4 Ill try and keep all the connections inside solder the shielding to the copper and run the other up to a wire and solder that and shrink tube it I havent figured yet how Im going to do the SO239 yet

SO239, either like I showed you, or just let the coax hang out the bottom with a barrel connector on it, or let it hang out the bottom all the way to the shack. I've done all three options.

So I measured 9ft of copper wire 12 gauge i know long but will trim later,,,, now with that pole which is 13ft I can only use 3 out of the four sections cant use the butt end....now I inserted wire as far as it would go measured and so on I measure 8' 6" (102") from the butt end to the tip where the wire stops do to size and out of the 102 " did you cut the pole to expose the stinger side wire or collapse the pole and glue also How do i tune it if need be?..... btw this is the pole I got https://www.walmart.com/ip/B-n-M-13...MIq5mf--KR6wIVQ77ACh0DygrDEAQYAiABEgKot_D_BwE

I discontinued putting the upper wire inside as it was a pain adjusting for SWR. I just folded the wire until it got right. I never bother with shortening the excess fishing pole. I use tape or heat shrink to prevent the fishing pole from retracting.
I cut off the plastic cap and threads from the big end of the pole. It would then go into the PVC nipple.
As for the bottom metal tube, I'd use tubing cutters cutting from the bottom, use tin snips to remove the trimmed off pieces.

Last edited:
I discontinued putting the upper wire inside as it was a pain adjusting for SWR. I just folded the wire until it got right. I never bother with shortening the excess pole. I use tape or heat shrink to prevent the pole from retracting.
I cut off the plastic cap and threads from the big end of the pole. It would then go into the PVC nipple.
As for the bottom tube, I'd use tubing cutters cutting from the bottom, use tin snips to remove the trimmed off pieces.
So just bending the stinger wire over will equal to cutting it

Gotter getter dun!

I’m on IH75 tonight just north of you (10 Air Miles to town center) and will be using M-23 several times over the next few days (short round-trips from Flint, MI into Ohio & Indiana thru 08/13).

First trip south will be due west about 0730 tomorrow. Then going back north at around 1400.

PM me if you’d like.

Might be some fun if this ol’ trucker could hear you on the way past. Trucks got decent ears, but TX still no bueno much more than about seven miles (AM-19). SSB might be better.

Looks like M-59 where it crosses M-23 is the shortest line. Can’t read air miles distance from Milford @ Livingston out to there.

Last edited:
Gotter getter dun!

I’m on IH75 tonight just north of you (10 Air Miles to town center) and will be using M-23 several times over the next few days (short round-trips from Flint, MI into Ohio & Indiana thru 08/13).

First trip south will be due west about 0730 tomorrow. Then going back north at around 1400.

PM me if you’d like.

Might be some fun if this ol’ trucker could hear you on the way past. Trucks got decent ears, but TX still no bueno much more than about seven miles (AM-19). SSB might be better.

Looks like M-59 where it crosses M-23 is the shortest line. Can’t read air miles distance from Milford @ Livingston out to there.

Im about 8 mile from 23 east bound How ever I can try with my mobile also it has some help Ill give ya a call out

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio