• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I got a new hobby

Time to break out the old school lawn darts then. Now those were truly dangerous.

My buddy got nailed in the top of his right foot with a Jart. I think it was around 70-71. Pussy just ran home crying after he pulled it out. We still played with it after that. No parents took it away like they would today.

Reactions: binrat
Took delivery of a new Crosman 2240 today. Very impressed with the performance. It feels great in your hand and the trigger is awesome. No creep, travel and breaks cleanly. This models has been around a loooong time and has tons of aftermarket parts and power mods.

It sort of reminds me of a Ruger MK II or Browning Buckmark.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosman_2240/221

Looks like a sweet little pistol, price is right too.
Did you, or are you going to get the metal breech? Just curious.

That was my initial plan, but I've actually grown fond of the stock sights. I want to get the skeleton stock so I can rotate the rear site around and use the peep sight. I've always preferred a peep, especially now, since my eyes aren't so great.

I can't get over how loud this pistol is. It is way too loud for in town residential plinking. I'd better be looking for a suppressor before the law comes knocking. So far, this pistol is my favorite.

Reactions: Sideways
Just tried out my new Radians cheapo bifocal shooting glasses that I bought off of amazon. IMO I have to lean my head back to see my gun sights through the bifocal section which feels unnatural. With my drugstore reading glasses I can do better job of positioning them where I want on my nose and then all I have to do is tilt my head slightly Not so with the Radians. They'll make so-so work glasses. I then flipped the Radians upside down to simulate the Hansen eagle Eye glasses with the bifocal section on on top and that feels natural on account that people lean their head down when looking through gunsights. But when I tilt my head,my head is out of alignment with my gun sights. Maybe I'll just use my Crimson Trace laser and just point and shoot.
Mudfoot,I think the Crossman red dot sights might be the thing for you but you most likely be needing some kind of corrective lens glasses to go along with it. I just ordered my first red dot sight for my Tanfoglio Appeal Bullpup 22LR. Guess I'll mount that next to my scope. :)

Just tried out my new Radians cheapo bifocal shooting glasses that I bought off of amazon. IMO I have to lean my head back to see my gun sights through the bifocal section which feels unnatural. With my drugstore reading glasses I can do better job of positioning them where I want on my nose and then all I have to do is tilt my head slightly Not so with the Radians. They'll make so-so work glasses. I then flipped the Radians upside down to simulate the Hansen eagle Eye glasses with the bifocal section on on top and that feels natural on account that people lean their head down when looking through gunsights. But when I tilt my head,my head is out of alignment with my gun sights. Maybe I'll just use my Crimson Trace laser and just point and shoot.
Mudfoot,I think the Crossman red dot sights might be the thing for you but you most likely be needing some kind of corrective lens glasses to go along with it. I just ordered my first red dot sight for my Tanfoglio Appeal Bullpup 22LR. Guess I'll mount that next to my scope. :)
Have a look around for a 1 x scope. No real magnification but it can be adjusted for old man's eyes. That's what I plan to do for my .22 cal Lakefeild. If ammo availability is still a problem then I maybe going the same route as MF. :unsure:

I have a crossman quest 1000 put a nice scope on it. You can buy one that comes with also a little over 100.00 nice wood stock break the barrel load the pellet flip the barrel up to close. Loud. But nice got 3 ground hogs in one weekend.

Reactions: Lil'Yeshua
Have a look around for a 1 x scope. No real magnification but it can be adjusted for old man's eyes. That's what I plan to do for my .22 cal Lakefeild. If ammo availability is still a problem then I maybe going the same route as MF. :unsure:
Do you have any 1x scopes in mind ?
I bought a Tasco Plinker 22 3x-9x rifle scope but I still have to wear reading glasses to get a sharp image. Not so with two of my brother's scopes.

I have a crossman quest 1000 put a nice scope on it. You can buy one that comes with also a little over 100.00 nice wood stock break the barrel load the pellet flip the barrel up to close. Loud. But nice got 3 ground hogs in one weekend.
How much FPS is it rated at?

http://www.midwayusa.com/category/a...c-_-ssp_allamericanevent_20141004_1-_-Airguns

1500fps Wow!
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...black-barrel-with-3-9x40mm-scope?cm_vc=PopCat

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/crosman-quest-1000-overhaul.html?m=1

Last edited:
Looks like a sweet little pistol, price is right too.
Did you, or are you going to get the metal breech? Just curious.

I went ahead and ordered the steel breech. I have two unused electronic sights with dovetail bases, so the breech DV mounts should come in handy. I see they make DT mounts that clamp on the barrel. I guess they would "work", but they look hokey.

Reactions: Sideways

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.