• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I got a new hobby

I was reading some forums, people asking which model, and many are picking .177 because if a cop comes buy they can say they don't have a .22 in their hand, just a bb gun. Leads me to believe there are some ordinances that treat .22 caliber pellet guns differently?

image.jpg
I tried out my new red dot sight on my Tanfoglio Appeal 22LR and I'm impressed. Being new to red dot sights I had the learn to get a proper cheek weld and align the red dot up in the center of the scope sight.
My brother dialed it in. At twenty yards I made an inch and a quarter group from a free standing position on my first try.
The good thing is that I don't need corrective lenses to use red dot sights and I can keep both eyes open.
Note: the pic is one I pulled off the net for display here as I have the rifle in question locked up and locked away.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
How do I put this nice? Ummm......er........ahhhhhh..........OH HELL!!........ MAN THAT IS ONE FUGLY GUN!! :eek: It looks like a pistol on steroids.:p
Alright! That did it! I went and pulled my gun out,took pics of it.
It's a little funky looking but it's my first bullpup and it's Italian and it shoots very good.
What's your idea of a perty gun?

Last edited:
Canada gun laws suck!
Yup. Any pistol or some tactical rifles are Restricted. Any full auto or MG, some assault rifles are prohibited. I have a restricted licence and I have a friend who holds the prohibited. Currently, you can take a couple of courses and apply for the restricted. The prohibited had to be grandfathered to get the licence, no other way.
It's gotten better BTW. Not too long ago any rifle was classed as un-restricted and some of the requirements of restricted applied.

Yup. Any pistol or some tactical rifles are Restricted. Any full auto or MG, some assault rifles are prohibited. .

Are supressors prohibited there as well? I think our approach in the US is a little too over the top for a device that simply abates noise. They act like we're all a bunch of mafia hit men. I'm going to start the process of purchasing a superssor for a .22 pistol and it could take 6-9 months to get approved and be granted the priveledge of paying the Gov't $250 for the tax stamp to own one.

I could walk into Cabelas store this afternoon and walk out this afternoon with a variety of handguns and military type rifles including a .50 Barret sniper rifle they have for sale. But, I have to apply and wait for a supressor? Idiocy.

It's a little funky looking but it's my first bullpup and it's Italian and it shoots very good.
What's your idea of a perty gun?

Guns are not "perty" or even pretty to me. They are functional and comfortable if you have the right one that suits you. Nothing more really. I don't get a hard-on looking at a 50 cal. :D

Canada gun laws suck!

And so do American gun laws but you will NEVER convince someone who thinks God himself granted them the right to own whatever they want rather than mere mortal men over 200 years ago. While ours are a bit too strict I believe American regulations are loo liberal and a comfortable level lies somewhere between the two. I will say that I believe that Americans are not nearly as informed as to what our laws REALLY are as they believe. Pretty much the same thing with their knowledge of our health care system. There seems to be a definite gap between perception and reality.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.