• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Hate This New Site!!!

got the popup widow to work
DX Cluster needs to be recoded. If there is demand for it, I'll do it but it didn't seem to get much usage

Chat Popup: make sure you allow popus from this site with your browser. A popup blocker will kill it

I had the website on my p/u allowed list,.... and it wouldn't work.

after taking a CLOSE look at the web address FOR THE POPUP window, I noticed that it wasn't WWW.worldwide dx.com. the popup address for the DXCHAT is WWW.wordlwide.comII................. I was missing the "II" (2) on the end

got the popup widow to work

I had the website on my p/u allowed list,.... and it wouldn't work.

after taking a CLOSE look at the web address FOR THE POPUP window, I noticed that it wasn't WWW.worldwide dx.com. the popup address for the DXCHAT is WWW.wordlwide.comII................. I was missing the "II" (2) on the end

That is one case where the settings for the old site may not work on the new site. There may be more as we find out down the road. Still waiting for some feedback from Mole on some info I presented him with.

Reactions: Road Squawker
Yeah this thing works great. 6 errors to even reply. Sorry but it is slower. Impossible to navigate on a phone.

It's just not worth the effort. I used to check in several times a day with Tapatalk.

Would someone email me if you ever go back?

73 all.

Looking for another forum.

I get up each morning since the change-over expecting any day now to make some sense of it all, see some light, or find the switch to turn this on in my understanding.

For me now, regrettably this site is like trying to manage an endless labyrinth. I do not remember such confusion in the past change-overs.

I know with all the issues being raised and more to come...that this is frustrating to the guys that worked so hard to get it up and running, but it is even more frustrating to me.

I appreciate this site. One might say I love being here. At my age and disability it is something that used to occupy my time, but now I'm lost and I'm not so sure it is just a matter of getting use to.

Reactions: Robb
Are people really going to stop coming here because of a software swap, or is it a strong arm tactic?

Are people really going to stop coming here because of a software swap, or is it a strong arm tactic?
Changes were made and I really don't have a problem with that. Do I like the changes? Frankly no I preferred the old site layout but being in IT I understand that changes need to happen for the good of the site. Did it make the site better? Probably and future new members will find the new features useful. The internet is a big place and there are other sites that offer a lot of the same as here. We all have freedom of choice and if one chooses to move on because of the change then so be it and they should be wished well.

I hope no one is trying to "strong arm" the owners to go back to the old site, that would be a mistake. Change is good (remember when greed was good?), change keeps life spicy.

I have said before I don't like the layout but that is my own personal opinion and does not matter to anyone but me. I will still check back here just not as often as I did in the past. I wish the owner well...... change is good!

You all have to give it some time here!! Just be patient and like anything else new you will eventually just sail right through it but what it takes is you taking time to play with it and the options to learn it. I repair compters Virus removal hardware software adding and removal and will honestly say when I went from my standard cell phone to my Galaxy S4 smart phone I WAS LOST AND HATED IT!! I was frustrated because here I dig into and navigate around computers everyday and I couldnt just zing thrugh my phone or pick it up and just do everything I wanted. after a few weeks I could have done tech support over the phone for them ;) It just takes some time and truth and fact is the more you play the faster and more you learn.

Nobody wants to have to relearn anything but if it wasnt for the best there wouldnt be change right? ;) just give it time a week or 2 and you will be racing around this site like its the Indy 500!! Take time and play experiment navigate you will get it I guarantee it.

I thing I found really neat was the way this software compresses quotes. People quoting a wall of text and pics to respond to one sentence with a one sentence response had always been kind of a pet peeve of mine, but this new software addresses that nicely. I don't think some people know how to tailor quotes and now it doesn't matter.

Reactions: IMD262 and w9cll
Mostly the color; is there a way to change it?

I realize people are different, but this color scheme is almost painful. The text in the white colored areas are so faint that I have to move close and squint to read. Definitely need some more pleasing colors. It sounds like the admins have the ability to change THIER OWN background color. Is this option not something the members can use. I mean, it wouldn't change nothing except for the individuals own experience, right? I think younger eyes may not complain, but to me, it's very harsh.

I also find the mobile experience to be very slow.

I realize people are different, but this color scheme is almost painful. The text in the white colored areas are so faint that I have to move close and squint to read.

Can you tell me which areas you're referring to? Can you post a print screen?

FWIW, before I posted that last, I had just finished tweaking the fonts on the main forum page, making them all larger. Does that help?

I also find the mobile experience to be very slow.

I'm not sure, but I think the sidebar ad was contributing to this. I disabled the ad for mobile users; can you try it now and let me know if it is any better?

Funny thing about that, the old site had a button to take you to the last post and this one does not. If the post is unread, it takes you to the last post but only to the first post if it's read. The old site gave you the ability to do either.
what he said.

I liked the old site better. JMHO it seems like we've downgraded instead of upgraded. What's the chances of going back to the way it was?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.