• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Imax 2000 only 7' off ground??

I live in a townhouse with a patio area. I have a hoa antenna restriction as well.
I have a vertical dipole antenna. It's two fiberglass antennas mounted on a painter's pole with a mfj mount. I can raise the pole up to 12 feet.
It work pretty well for talking dx. Locally I can talk to real base station on sideband about 50 miles or so from me. On am it only gets out about 7 miles to mobile radios.

Reactions: 357magnum
Funny this post is up . My friend had tree cutters a few days ago put his Imax 70' to the base of antenna in a pine tree ! They left he never checked it when they were there now ...he thinks he has a bad solder joint 70' in the air ! Oh well check , check and recheck !jmo:whistle:

Imax mounted 7 ft off the ground is hilarious, good luck with that! LOL
Since you live in a HOA mobile home park, it would be best to follow the rules you agreed on ,when you moved in.

I've run a 102" mounted to a metal rod in the ground at 4' height and made DX contacts around the world. You never know. I was in a similar housing situation and had a A99 mounted to a 10' top rail pipe and I would lay it down in the back yard during the day and stand it up at night and used a bungee to hold it up against the fence. Worked great.

I knew a guy who is a silent key now but he had one in his picnic table where the umbrella goes. He lived on a hill and got out good, even made dx contacts when conditions permitted. I say go for it but keep in mind the higher the better.

My mobile antenna is 7 feet long and mounted less than 7 feet above ground level. It seems to work but maybe I need to mount a tower to the truck. :whistle:
My 5' Firestik has never failed me making contacts in the mobile...... Many times its was better than the base on skip from 500-1000 miles. Im assuming the shorter skip preferred the higher takeoff angles?

Shadetree , a member here ( not very active lately ) Hobie102 started out with a 102" whip mounted on his steel roof , after he worked out a few bugs he did very well from Vt. during the last " Good" Dx cycle . That started it all he's now a ham op , GMM 1 " The Green Mountain Maniac " He's built a lot of antenna's since then and it all started with dialing in that whip . You should check out his Vid's on Youtube . Good Friend of mine and it started here ... WWDX .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated