• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It's getting closer to quiting time for Radio Shack.

Well it just wouldn't have fit on a radio forum if I had said I liked them because they are AT series would it?

you must not have been paying attention in the other thread... anything about anything....

I haven't heard any Electro-Voice Dynacord equipment, but I know yamaha is nice stuff. I use a yamaha head unit. mines newer though - HTR-5560, a replacement for the technique receiver that died. I use the yamaha for surrounds, the serious power for my AT-15's comes from a NAD 2400.

Last edited:
"you must not have been paying attention in the other thread... anything about anything...."

I try not to post about one thread in another unrelated thread. It tends to confuse people. :confused:

The Yamaha does 200 watts/channel and that is REAL watts ( 40 volts RMS across 8 ohms) not the stuff they seem to quote today where they can magically get 500 watts of power from a 10 amp fuse from the 12 volt battery. LOL The EV amp is 75 W/ch and has 1/4 inputs and balanced XLR inputs. It used to be used as a studio monitor amp in a broadcasting facility but I assumed ownership when it died and was replaced. Come to find out it was just an overload detector chip that was overheating and causing the amp to cut out. $2.29 and a couple years later and it works great. (y)

1974 - that was about the time an RS employee answered my question about the meaning of "RMS" when working with audio outputs. According to him, it's "Real Music Sound". Sigh.
Their technical train left some thing to be desired back then. Most were not technicians. I would design a circuit and go there with a schematic and a parts list and one guy argued with me saying, "That circuit will not work." I bought the parts constructed the circuit and took it back and showed him it did work. He got a little irate. His boss witnessed it and fired him on the spot telling him "Design Consultation was not part of his job description." I knew the manager very well and asked him to let the guy keep his job. "He has other issues that are contrary to his continued employment here" he said. Apparently showing up drunk and not showing up at all were his down fall. He smelled a little boozey that day too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.