• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It's getting closer to quiting time for Radio Shack.

I went to my local shack yesterday expecting to see it all but emptied out. Not so and as a matter of fact the store maneger said their store was going to continue normal operation.

Wish I'd found this image earlier! :ROFLMAO: From the honestslogans website.

tumblr_njl2nhFbuq1r9pgsuo1_500.jpg

Same here RatsoW8, they told me that sprint will be in front and they will stay at the rear of the store with seperate employees for the phones and electronics. Better than nothing I suppose l!!

Really sad to see this once great company go down the tubes over the last decade. They have been around forever, and I used to love going there to look at stuff, save up for it, and buy it. Their catalog was the best. There is a website that has all their old catalogs online, too.

I have gone to my local store recently, and they are still plugging along. Some stuff clearanced out, and minimal on-hand stock of what they do sell.

Brett

I bought Stereo gear there in 1974 and most of it still works.
STA-2000 stereo receiver still pumps 100 watts per channel and the best commercial made speakers Mach One's still sounding good.today. Low frequency response goes all the way down to 15 Hz with continuous coverage upto 40 KHz. Changed the tweeters to the leaf piezo type way back when and the highs are still crisp and clear. Now I use it all for amplified sub-woofer for my home theater system.

I miss that store before phone shack happened.

Reactions: The War Wagon
I bought Stereo gear there in 1974 and most of it still works.
STA-2000 stereo receiver still pumps 100 watts per channel and the best commercial made speakers Mach One's still sounding good.today. Low frequency response goes all the way down to 15 Hz with continuous coverage upto 40 KHz. Changed the tweeters to the leaf piezo type way back when and the highs are still crisp and clear. Now I use it all for amplified sub-woofer for my home theater system.

I miss that store before phone shack happened.
1974 - that was about the time an RS employee answered my question about the meaning of "RMS" when working with audio outputs. According to him, it's "Real Music Sound". Sigh.

Reactions: Tallman
it wasn't over my head at all, just below my standards.
I can't help it if my speakers are better than your jokes.

Well it just wouldn't have fit on a radio forum if I had said I liked them because they are AT series would it? Someone that is radio minded might have thought I was talking about Aldo and his Alpha-Tango Club. :p I do have a pair of DX-1's but they just get carted out to the deck in the summer. I have a pair of AT-12's for in the house. ;) The old school Yamaha MX-830 drives them nicely. The DX-1's are fed by an Electro-Voice Dynacord 7100 amp.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.