• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It's getting closer to quiting time for Radio Shack.

Not so fast! Radio Shack ain't done-in yet...They filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection today, and announced that they will be opening "NEW" mini- Radio Shack stores inside the stores that Sprint takes over...Looks like most if not all of the stand-alone Radio Shacks will be closed tho...Probably the ones that survive will be the ones located in Malls.

The ones that are closing are the mall locations. I just went to my local radio shack yesterday and was told by the employee there that they weren't closing, but the mall locations are.

I got a text from a friend that was at the mall and that is where the sale was, 30-75% off everything and store is closing Friday. This is what lead me to head to my local radio shack a stand alone one.

Radio Shack shares lost over 90% of their value in the last year and are now worth about $0.13 each. They are done but just don't know it yet.

They are done. They filed chapter 11 for protection while they sell off their remaining assets including the deal with General Wireless who worked out the deal with Sprint. Those 1500-2400 stores will become the "store inside the store" locations with Sprint.

So Radio Shack will be selling batteries inside a Sprint store???? lol That's the only other product they sell anymore EXCEPT for cell phones. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Good luck w9cll. Hopefully there aren't many electronics people near you. Might turn out to be a good score on some things.

I'll stop by my local RS on the way home tonight. Hopefully the vultures haven't gutted the place yet. Oh wait, that's what I'm going there for...

Well I stopped today...Store was gutted...
Mgr. at the store said ALL the high end stuff scanners/CB's/speakers...etc was all taken out before sale and shipped to the last couple of high traffic stores(Malls) by the Dist. Mgr's....
Those items will not be listed for liquidation (smaller discounts 10-20%)...
Did manage some soldering supplies and a few things from the parts bins at 60% off and a nice 3 way speaker (center channel for TV), That I got for a bench speaker for $34.00 down 35% from normal.
Other than that pretty much cell phone junk and bunches of Audio/Video cables.
NO COAX! except RG58 jumpers...no thanks!
Store due for shut-down in 10 days. I'll wait till end of next week for bigger discounts and hit the parts bins again.
They had a stock of 102" whips and a few mobile antennas and antenna parts...
(All the China JUNK!)
Again No Thanks.
So don't expect to much...BUT hope some find a few bargains at your stores.
They're Done! Mgr. told me a few Mall or High Traffic stores will survive but that's it!
He's looking for a job!
GL
All the Best
Gary

Went to a RS to get a couple of 102" steel whips. This store mgr said that this store and a few others are not part of the larger RS liquidation. Go figure . . .

same thing here. including the 102" whips. couple things tagged at 60%, but nothing I wanted.

We had two stores here locally. One closed its doors a few weeks ago. Went to the other today, which is only a couple years old, an employee told me they will remain open.

No 60-70% sale for me...yet

Went to a RS to get a couple of 102" steel whips. This store mgr said that this store and a few others are not part of the larger RS liquidation. Go figure . . .

Most likely Franchise stores(privately owned) not part of the close down chain.
Be tough on those guys now, no supply chain and be paying for product at higher pricing than the stores liquidating out...OUCH!
All the Best
Gary

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.