• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

It's Hard to Get Good Help

HomerBB

Jan 4, 2009
Rogers, Ar
I guess anyone will do...This isn't staged. I personally took the photo while visiting a nearby town.

20210410_145337-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Panhandlers frequent a gas/grocery down the street. A friend who buys gas there responds to their pitches by pointing to the perpetual "now hiring" sign in front of the Wendy's right across the street, and a "try that" bit of advice. Says he hasn't seen a single one of them cross the street to fill out an application. Yet.

That's like the kids now days. They want a job but they don't want to work. They expect someone to walk up and hand them a job for $15/hr. Then when they get the job, they are looking at their phone every 10 seconds.......... Then they get their stimulus check and walk off the job. Then wonder why nobody will hire them. They don't see the decisions they make having any effect on what their outcome should be. American businesses are having a hard time and it will only get worse.

That's like the kids now days. They want a job but they don't want to work. They expect someone to walk up and hand them a job for $15/hr. Then when they get the job, they are looking at their phone every 10 seconds.......... Then they get their stimulus check and walk off the job. Then wonder why nobody will hire them. They don't see the decisions they make having any effect on what their outcome should be. American businesses are having a hard time and it will only get worse.

The Same nonsense is happening here in Canada as well, especially here in Ontario better to stay home and live off the government?? I dont get it at all. I am thankful to have a job and during these times!

No matter where you're located geographically, lazy is just lazy and is defined the same everywhere. Problem is today there's no shame for being lazy, say something and the culture will cancel you. Call it like it is man, Lazy is lazy and lazy is worthless.

And keep in mind that doesn't refer to the ones who truly have the need for help.

We have panhandling going on everywhere around here. I've given money to some and wounder if it was a mistake and I've offered food to others, if they won't take the food, I figure they aren't hurting that bad. It's hard to tell any more. I gave 20 dollars to a man in Fort Smith, said he just wanted feed his wife and himself, I figured he was feeding me a line. He seemed genuinely grateful and I did see him go directly to the Churches Chicken across the street, so that did make me feel better.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.