1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Labor Day Week-end - LSB 16 revival effort

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Rick330man, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Rick330man

Rick330man Well-Known Member

Some of you have already seen this idea floated on another thread. I thought I'd go ahead and start a dedicated thread so that everyone on WWDX interested could get the news that we're going to try our LSB 16 revival effort again over the Labor Day week-end.

Like our past LSB 16 revival efforts, I'm posting a proposed schedule for hailing. This is in no way intended to make anyone feel limited. In other words, go for it at any time. The goal in proposing the schedule you see below is just to try to improve our chances of making contacts by coordinating when folks might be on. The recommendation - and it is only that - is that folks work around the following hailing schedule for LSB 16 on Saturday, August 31st; Sunday, September 1st and Monday, September 2nd.

9:00A.M. eastern/8:00A.M. central/6:00A.M. pacific;
    12:00 noon eastern/11:00A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific;
    3:00P.M. eastern/2:00P.M. central/12:00 noon pacific;
    6:00P.M. eastern/5:00P.M. central/3:00P.M. pacific; and
    9:00P.M. eastern/8:00P.M. central/6:00P.M. pacific.

Mother Nature hasn't been too cooperative with our prior efforts. I'm hoping that a little luck and a little organization could help our chances.

Catch you on LSB 16!

2. wavrider

wavrider W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Hurricane predicted to hit on 2nd, going have my antennas lowered

3. 314

314 Well-Known Member

I'm down on 16LSB, not going to 38LSB for the whole month of September. Kinda like a no shave November, but instead a no 38LSB September. Someone's gonna hear me dammit

Shadetree Mechanic and S&W357 like this.
  4. wildchild455

wildchild455 Member

I have yet to hear anything but noise and AM there but will try this weekend

5. S&W357

S&W357 This Space Is For Rent

likewise :barefoot:

357magnum likes this.
  6. Rick330man

Rick330man Well-Known Member

I'm watching Dorian too. The early cones included the Keys and the Miami area. The more recent ones have us out of it with Miami/Ft. Lauderdale being the southwestern extreme end.

We took a direct hit here from Irma two years ago. I don't care to see another hurricane this way for a long time. I'd much rather be worried about my SWRs than whether my house is going to be destroyed.

Good luck.

Shadetree Mechanic and wavrider like this.
  7. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

My Buddy owns a few marina's in the Miami area , one is Thunder Boat . Needless to say he told me he's busy right now ! Be safe all ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

wavrider likes this.
  8. AtLarge

AtLarge New Member

I will monitor when I can and hope for the best.

357magnum likes this.
  9. 314

314 Well-Known Member

Yeah you folks in Florida be safe, and those around the coastal line that this storm may travel also.

357magnum likes this.
  10. Sonar

Sonar Sr. Member

I think it's a great idea. Unfortunately I won't be involved because my antennas down.
    If I were on Air I'd be there. Good luck for a successful channel 16 ssb "throwback" get together. 73 PS. I hope mother nature throws yally a bone.

357magnum likes this.
  11. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

I will be at work as usual...………...

357magnum likes this.
  12. blasphemy000

blasphemy000 Active Member

My IC-751 tunes 11m +/- a bit after a little RAM editing a few weeks ago. I'll give it a go and see if I can get anything. :cool: Hopefully we get some favorable conditions.
    73s

357magnum likes this.
  13. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Bobby , What's going on there ? Do people only Croak on Weekends/Holidays ? Inquiring minds need to know :ROFLMAO:

14. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

Leo I work every weekend. get 2 days off during the week. There has to be an embalmer here at all times.. Yes holidays are always busy. And I will be here on labor day(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

357magnum likes this.
  15. midnight special

midnight special Well-Known Member

was planning on being on most of the week end ,, still quite possible up to sunday night,, dorian is putting me on prepper mode for the next 3 days,, hopefully it will turn north at the coast and not come across to us in the middle of the state,,,,

357magnum, NZ8N, S&W357 and 1 other person like this.