• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Labor Day Week-end - LSB 16 revival effort

Rick330man

WDX 404
Mar 16, 2013
Florida Keys
Some of you have already seen this idea floated on another thread. I thought I'd go ahead and start a dedicated thread so that everyone on WWDX interested could get the news that we're going to try our LSB 16 revival effort again over the Labor Day week-end.

Like our past LSB 16 revival efforts, I'm posting a proposed schedule for hailing. This is in no way intended to make anyone feel limited. In other words, go for it at any time. The goal in proposing the schedule you see below is just to try to improve our chances of making contacts by coordinating when folks might be on. The recommendation - and it is only that - is that folks work around the following hailing schedule for LSB 16 on Saturday, August 31st; Sunday, September 1st and Monday, September 2nd.

9:00A.M. eastern/8:00A.M. central/6:00A.M. pacific;
12:00 noon eastern/11:00A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific;
3:00P.M. eastern/2:00P.M. central/12:00 noon pacific;
6:00P.M. eastern/5:00P.M. central/3:00P.M. pacific; and
9:00P.M. eastern/8:00P.M. central/6:00P.M. pacific.

Mother Nature hasn't been too cooperative with our prior efforts. I'm hoping that a little luck and a little organization could help our chances.

Catch you on LSB 16!

Hurricane predicted to hit on 2nd, going have my antennas lowered

I'm watching Dorian too. The early cones included the Keys and the Miami area. The more recent ones have us out of it with Miami/Ft. Lauderdale being the southwestern extreme end.

We took a direct hit here from Irma two years ago. I don't care to see another hurricane this way for a long time. I'd much rather be worried about my SWRs than whether my house is going to be destroyed.

Good luck.

My Buddy owns a few marina's in the Miami area , one is Thunder Boat . Needless to say he told me he's busy right now ! Be safe all ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

Reactions: wavrider
Yeah you folks in Florida be safe, and those around the coastal line that this storm may travel also.

Reactions: 357magnum
Some of you have already seen this idea floated on another thread. I thought I'd go ahead and start a dedicated thread so that everyone on WWDX interested could get the news that we're going to try our LSB 16 revival effort again over the Labor Day week-end.

Like our past LSB 16 revival efforts, I'm posting a proposed schedule for hailing. This is in no way intended to make anyone feel limited. In other words, go for it at any time. The goal in proposing the schedule you see below is just to try to improve our chances of making contacts by coordinating when folks might be on. The recommendation - and it is only that - is that folks work around the following hailing schedule for LSB 16 on Saturday, August 31st; Sunday, September 1st and Monday, September 2nd.

9:00A.M. eastern/8:00A.M. central/6:00A.M. pacific;
12:00 noon eastern/11:00A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific;
3:00P.M. eastern/2:00P.M. central/12:00 noon pacific;
6:00P.M. eastern/5:00P.M. central/3:00P.M. pacific; and
9:00P.M. eastern/8:00P.M. central/6:00P.M. pacific.

Mother Nature hasn't been too cooperative with our prior efforts. I'm hoping that a little luck and a little organization could help our chances.

Catch you on LSB 16!
I think it's a great idea. Unfortunately I won't be involved because my antennas down.
If I were on Air I'd be there. Good luck for a successful channel 16 ssb "throwback" get together. 73 PS. I hope mother nature throws yally a bone.

My IC-751 tunes 11m +/- a bit after a little RAM editing a few weeks ago. I'll give it a go and see if I can get anything. :cool: Hopefully we get some favorable conditions.
73s

Leo I work every weekend. get 2 days off during the week. There has to be an embalmer here at all times.. Yes holidays are always busy. And I will be here on labor day(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated