• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Learning CW, what method?

Here in Columbia county the county commisioners (crooks) allowed a foreign country to install and operate commercial chicken farm slap dab in the middle of residential neighborhood. SO we have this odor all year long and flies like we never had before.
12 each 500 foot long by 40 feet wide stinking chicken buildings.
south of you
chiknshit stench? ewww

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
I'm sure our Pure Clean North Florida air helped with the process because we have good aire but not so much over in Duval County but here in Baker County all of our trees help keep it Clean.

SIX-SHOOTER
aka:W4KVW
aka:WRMX520

WTF???

Reactions: Rwb
At 17 years old I took a class at a high school one day a week in the evening. We were told to bring in an old TV to tear apart to make the one tube xmitter. We would have to buy the receiver of sorts and the transmit Chrystal. While we were studying theory and working on learning soldering and theory. In the back ground was CW the letter was spoken and the following character was sent at 30 WPM. The voice "a" followed by dit dah at 30 WPM all the way through the alphabet over and over and over again. every night. Numbers and punctuation for a couple weeks after with alphabet. We were ask the last week if we were ready to pass the 5WPM code test. LOL we all looked around the room thinking yeh right. We all (19 of us) passed the 5WPM test. I then passed the 13 WPM test as did the rest. the instructors would NOT give the tech test only novice. The next year I got drafted and lost the 1 year novice license and interest. 1966 to 1968 in the Army As an avionics tech. I was dormant until 1995 and took the general test and became active again. I had sold my old faithful Howard receiver and gave away my transmitter.
Before the ham interest I started out with a Gonset CB then a Sonar "E" CB with KJI1400 call.
Remember S9 magazine? I had a portable call assigned to me also from them and a Fanon M?? 1 watt two ch portable.
That's a great way to learn the code. Just have that playing at a low level, while you do other things.

I was using the G0HYN Learn Morse app on my Android phone. It's a free app. It let's you set the speed of the characters separately from the WPM, Farnsworth is what the setting was called. I kept my Farnsworth at 30 to force myself to learn the sounds instead of trying to count the dits and dahs, but used a slower WPM setting to process what I had heard.
It will do the alphabet, numbers and punctuation in both standard and Koch order, and adds more characters as you get more accurate at copying them. It also comes with some plain text files, or you can add your own, and it will play them back to you at the speed settings you choose. Good for learning the sound of common words and abbreviations used in actual QSOs.
I was getting pretty good after a couple weeks of 15-30 minutes a day, but then I got lazy and I've forgotten most of it again. I need to pick it back up and put in more effort this time.

- Brad

Reactions: Rwb and binrat
Here in Columbia county the county commisioners (crooks) allowed a foreign country to install and operate commercial chicken farm slap dab in the middle of residential neighborhood. SO we have this odor all year long and flies like we never had before.
south of you

That Chicken Poop makes most anything grow so get some & see if it makes your tower grow taller.You already have the smell so that won't be an issue.I do love me some chicken & in many different recipes as well.We have only a couple of chicken farms in Baker County any longer for the chickens or for the eggs.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
WRMX520

south of you
Raise and nurture foxes , weasels , and 'gators. Become an ecological nightmare. The die back of the predators after the loss of the convenient food source will be somewhat more difficult in the case of the 'gators. By the time the 'gators have eradicated the chicken and smaller predators they're becoming an eight foot long nuisance with an insatiable appetite and a bad attitude.

I haven't found a way to apply this method to politicians. It seems they're just as carnivorous and at least as vicious as anything that attempts to prey on them.

Reactions: Rwb and Crawdad
Learning CW, what method worked for you??
I've been trying to learn for over a year and just can't get it, stuck at 8 characters. It would make easier for me doing CW while activating SOTA summits.
get kmt pro from the play store for your android assuming you have android, i love cw and this program has help me with my speed, in contest i could work about 38 wpm (i know what to expect) on a rag chew i could do with about 25 wpm comfortably. KMT pro been with me for a few years now and in the car the mall or home you will find me practicing my cw receiving skill, you could program your own characters at any speed you want, or choose from the menu. i tried many cw practice program and this is the one that truly works for me. good luck.

Reactions: binrat
get kmt pro from the play store for your android assuming you have android, i love cw and this program has help me with my speed, in contest i could work about 38 wpm (i know what to expect) on a rag chew i could do with about 25 wpm comfortably. KMT pro been with me for a few years now and in the car the mall or home you will find me practicing my cw receiving skill, you could program your own characters at any speed you want, or choose from the menu. i tried many cw practice program and this is the one that truly works for me. good luck.
I will give it a go. Still beating my head against a wall trying to learn.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated