• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbbillyuk

Jul 4, 2023

LESTER CUSTOM TRUCK SHOP SCAM

I placed an order on the 15th December 2021 and to this date (4th July 2023) I have not received the radio, or the refund that I requested. I am now having to take legal action through the courts to try and get my money back.

Lesscom is just like "other" cb shops that say they're a year behind on orders or repairs it's all a bunch of BS in my opinion.If you have a year or more back log then you need to address that problem and fix it and there are many ways to do that.Also the customers are at fault that knowingly place orders or send in radios knowing it may take a year or more, just no way it's worth it !

Lesscom is just like "other" cb shops that say they're a year behind on orders or repairs it's all a bunch of BS in my opinion.If you have a year or more back log then you need to address that problem and fix it and there are many ways to do that.Also the customers are at fault that knowingly place orders or send in radios knowing it may take a year or more, just no way it's worth it !
Yep., that's why I always do my best to never have more than a half-dozen radios and / or amps (in total) waiting in line to be repaired.!!

It's also limited to "an appointment only basis", starting with a preliminary, semi-technical, telephone chat (so that both parties can / will be of the same / proper understanding). And by doing so, will then be able to meet my 40+ year policy of equipment being either repaired or parts-on-order within five (5) working days...

Last edited:
A few gunsmiths in the are do the appointment for service plan as not to have time taken up by buddies who want to BS- Resalable gunsmiths are passing too, being replaced with parts installers. We have a local guy, very good, but primarily builds customs rifles and will do restorations. He travels a lot to gun shows and takes orders. When you drop off a repair he clearly stated that repairs are secondary when he has the time and it may be 6 months. He openly says this up front so there is no confusion about time. He will explain, if you need it quick then better go elsewhere. And like any older gentleman he with knock off the price if he takes longer than he originally planned. Then again he stated this all plainly up front.

Lester's sounds like Fine Tune East minus the internet/over the air bashing of other techs! Look at his prices and unnecessary parts replacement videos. At least he has the stones to lay it all out there on his website and if you're stupid enough to jump in......a fool and his money.....

JD

Joined today, first post... smells fishy to me
Yes, my suspensions are definitely tuned and peaked with this one. But I'll bite.

I know of Lester's reputation, the good and the not so good.
I see someone, in this case a tech who turns one screw, then re-brands it to "Lescom". He spends MORE time working on the "brand" and his ego, and it leaves very little time for any real work. And that horrible introduction to his videos!! :LOL:
Oh, I know he has a fairly decent following, but so did Jim Jones, and that didn't work out so well.
@cbbillyuk - Find a good tech. Someone who cares more about the quality of their work than how many followers and thumbs up they get on YouTube. As for your order, good luck!

I've installed a few of his channel boards and they work well, and are basically plug and play in Galaxy radios, a little more work in other radios. They have all worked as advertised, and when I have had questions, I usually have a reasonably quick response.
That was some time back, and I have noticed a price increase on his products that are a little more than I would expect compared to initial pricing. But I guess everything goes up.
I don't know if I would buy one of his custom radios though as they are quite pricey.

But, a year is kinda pushing the envelope a bit no matter how you look at it.

Reactions: Brother DXer
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.