• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

let the skip begin on 11 meters

I was in Oklahoma today and made numerous contacts mostly to the midwest and southeast(short skip) from about 10am to 2pm. I heard a lot of skip this evening but not too much luck making contact from around the Ft. Worth, Tx area.

353 waving a hand.

Yeah it's been mostly up the east coast for me. Just spoke with 711 in OH. There's a guy that likes to throw a carrier and play with his VFO up around the OH area. It sucks because he knocks my receive out with 9 s-units of bs!! But I am still able to hear the big strappers lol! Gotta love 38lsb!

been spotty here but seems at least once a day i talk to washington state,cali,nebraska,missouri,ky,tn,and canada niagra falls area..im getting out so good with the homemade quad with 5 watts i dont know why i keep using 50-100 sometimes..
ive learned a lot this yr..antenna antenna antennas;)
still cant talk to the east coast of my state hardly ever,,and not much local talking here with the qaud or astroplane,but dx is great when i have time.
967 john west centrl fl wavin:)

Reactions: 2 people
Conditions maybe? Mother Nature is funny like that! Conditions here haven't been too bad, I get down by the intercostal waterway and man it's easy to make contacts when conditions are decent! Can't keep up sometimes. But it sure is fun. Working on the base now, need a better antenna!! Or add some height to the existing setup. Too many big oak trees around! Easier to take the mobile to the water and make dx contacts or so it seems lol. Have a great one and happy dx'ing. God bless.

Big oak trees should do nothing for HF or 11m, at least nothing that would be noticed.I smoke into Europe and Africa yet there is a wall of 60+ foot oak trees directly behind the house between me and those directions. My antennas were only at 40 feet max too.

Reactions: 1 person
222DBFL , I have been talking to 711 in Ohio ( Ken ) if it's the same one for 3 day's now it's like he's local . The oak tree thing I don't know if it makes that much of a difference The tip of my A-99 is at 50' an doesn't come close to clearing them an I am surrounded by them an don't have a problem getting out although I'm almost sure if they were not there it would make some sort of change .

At HF frequencies wood will not hinder any transmission or reception.

VHF and UHF is a different matter.

My multiband HF antenna is at 55', the pine trees are at 60' or higher.

Does not effect me working the four corners of the globe.

Got 70-80' pine trees all around mine. Doesn't hinder me ar all. I just made contact with 420 NY in my mobile on the main road my street's on. For some reason I get out on that piece of road. My CRE-8900 w/Road Devil punches through with the right DX conditions.

At HF frequencies wood will not hinder any transmission or reception.

VHF and UHF is a different matter.

My multiband HF antenna is at 55', the pine trees are at 60' or higher.

Does not effect me working the four corners of the globe.

I was camping in a pine forest and it didn't bother me in the mobile either. I made lots of contacts to Europe from the mobile with the trees towering all around me. If it was going to do something then would have been the time.

357 I have spoken with 711 Kenny in Ohio man times. Thanks for all the replies. I did find out today that there is a cable tv line in the front yard that belongs to one of the neighbors that has a bunch of holes in it. Cable guy repaired what he could and I noticed that my noise floor went down after he was done. Was told the whole line needs to be replaced. Again I thank all of you for the replies and I was totally off base. Would have thought the tree being 20ft higher than the tip of my antenna that is close to my antenna (big old oak tree), was making it hard to get out in certain directions, will look elsewhere for any issues now.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.