• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking For Some Feedback On Two Amps

Typical CB mentality.All of that junk gear that if you had of spent the same money you could have purchased a LEGAL Ham Radio.Not shocked since you just can't take the CB out of so many!
No room for a troll You sir have earned a place on my ignore list. Good Day.

Appears the same dumbed down group is still here but that should have been expected since some things never change! Just what Ham Radio in America has become.Glorified 11 meter bands.

Nice reply. Too bad you didn't answer my question. Boy, and you call yourself a Christan.....I see it in your profile. No wonder the Romans fed you guys to the lions. :ROFLMAO:

As for the dumbed down group comment, sorry but W4KVW is the uneducated one in this thread. Clayton does not even know the law that he proclaims others are in violation of.

Well, this has gone down to a real low level.
Simply put Six Shotter, all you need to do is search around on the net, or this forum for that matter and you can answer all of the questions about what is or is not allowed to be used on the Ham bands.
They are
Hams are using them
They are not rf volcanoes erupting is IMD
If you get on Ten when the band is open you are likely to hear a lot of them and they sound great.
They are FINE if you operate them properly.
Yes you might have to add/rework the bias or add some bypass caps to keep rf where it should not be, or even add some negative feedback to tame them down a little.

But that is the difference between CB and HAm radio, you can legally tear apart/modify/put in/take out/cut/snip/solder anything in your radio that you want and as long as you operate it properly in the bands you have privileges on you are free to play radio.

It is not worth getting mad about.
It is just like a law that has changed, except in this case, it never was a law to start with.

Jeff

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Six-shooter...I get a real laugh out of people like you.

I KNOW how many laws those in Law Enforcement Officers
routinely break. That "respect" for all laws that you profess,
I bet is hypocritical, at the least.

If an Officer was given a ticket for every time they went
5 MPH OVER the posted speed limit without the emergency
lights and serine on, the court would stay full of nothing but LEOs.
Same thing for coasting through a stop sign.

I bet you can not tell the difference between the letter of the law,
spirit of the law and Judicial Interpretation of the same law.

If you would like to search, you will find guiding Supreme Court
decisions that tell you that if you want to blindly follow the law
or a superior that is wrong, YOU are still wrong. The will really
take away an attitude as YOU will be accountable.

There is no reason to go overboard about what is right and what
is "wrong" when it will likely be changed by a court or a legislator
for some lobbyist's benefit.

What does not physically hurt another is only minor. That is why
there are Misdemeanors and Infractions. Not all are Felony charges,
also be sure to add in civil remedies. NO need to get you panties
all bunched up over what something that someone else does
that they enjoy.

We all know that NOT all laws are equally enforced by anyone anyway.

Your Holier-than-Thou attitude would have been short lived where
I have worked and held certification classes.

Yes, I will match you certification for certification in the LEO field.

Past employment or past achievements mean little, if all you
can now display, is how you look down you nose at others.

You may have gotten away with it 30 years ago on the street,
you would not get away with it now if you were still on the street.

Lighten up and enjoy life.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Yep I use an old 980 uniden on 11 meters at the house, 12 watts of pure power to talk locally lol. Dx is just that, dx! It comes and goes! I myself have met some of the folks you call ignorant or dumb on 11 meters ssb, and am, as well and I will certainly say there are more guys that have more knowledge in their pinky finger than most probably do these days!! Have met some of the nicest and most knowledgable people from Michigan to Kentucky this way and have actually had dinner with a few! But hey to each his own, don't always judge a book by the cover or underestimate the less fortunate that don't have big bucks to just spend. Shoot there have been many great accomplishments made with little, and as far as respecting the law and abiding it, my father Is old school retired Air Force and 2 times retired from the sheriffs office with a masters degree in criminal law, but hey I am just another dumb CB'er as you would might put it lol. God bless you sir.

Reactions: binrat
Back on topic Nothing wrong with the hla-150 . AB biased bias control and band filters .With the money you saved you could upgrade to the hla-300 and still get change ( the new model hla's are type approved) .

A little over a week ago DX was really kicking from TX to the North East. Had a short conversation on 38 LSB. After a few minutes I was asked "What radio are you running? It sounds great!" When I said Uniden 980 and RM Italy KL-503 he said "Oh". Then he was gone.

Funny how it suddenly doesn't sound as good when they find out it's a "cheap brand". Point is... If it does the job and sounds good, then use it.

Reactions: Dipole and 222DBFL
I FULLY understand the issue of running class C splatter boxes HOWEVER if the radio or amp is running within allowable emission standards than what is tbe issue? There is no law against using ANY type of radio or amplifier on the amateur bands as long as it meets spec. It is amazing how many hams will give a good audio report to an export radio when they think it is a Kenwood or a Yaesu or an Icom or a.............

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?