• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LOOKING TO BUY SBE CONSOLE VI (6) ANYONE KNOW OF ONE ?

Here are some pics of this one from Rodney. Don't have time to do inside shots yet.

All is good with it but the channel digits is wacky...

Retro

Here are some pics of this one from Rodney. Don't have time to do inside shots yet.

All is good with it but the channel digits is wacky...

Retro

Well tried with my phone, so much for that LOL... Let's see if I can get a few another way.

73's

Attachments

• SBE Console 6 nos 27.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 27.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 30
  • SBE Console 6 nos 30.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 30.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 29
  • SBE Console 6 nos 29.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 29.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 30
  • SBE Console 6 nos 33.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 33.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 30
  • SBE Console 6 nos 32.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 32.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 32
super cool.

thanks for those pics.

i love the meters on that radio. not sure what to make of the channel display weirdness.

what's that pot on the back of the radio do?
LC

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
looking at retro's pic of the front of the radio, it seems to say SIDEBAND ENGINEERS,

but then is says "by SBE" so i cant be sure.

hmmm...
LC

Reactions: Woody-202
SideBand Engineers

The Gonset company had been already famous with its compact design of their mobile radio equipments. The founder of the company, Mr. Faust Gonset, founded another new company SideBand Engineers in 1962. Its goal was to create ideal mobile equipments with latest transistor technology and advanced design.
In 1963, SBE started to sell their first model, SB-33 transceiver. It is known as the first practical transistorized rig; one of the important milestones of the amateur equipment history.
The SB-34 was born in 1966. Its basic concept was almost same as SB-33, but having cleaner looking and improved design. At this moment the company was located in South San Francisco, CA, and was a subsidiary of Raytheon. The advertisement of SB-34 could be seen on amateur radio magazines for several months, and considerable amount of the radio was produced. SB-34 became the most famous and popular model of the company, along with its companion linear amplifier.

SideBand Enginners - The Company : Restoration Projects : NoobowSystems Lab.

Gonset | The Old Tube Radio Archives

SBE withdrew from the amateur market in late 1970, kept manufacturing high quality - high performance CB radios and scanners for a while. Sometime later however the company completely disappeared from the consumer radio equipment market.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
SBE withdrew from the amateur market in late 1970, kept manufacturing high quality - high performance CB radios and scanners for a while. Sometime later however the company completely disappeared from the consumer radio equipment market.

The last thing I can find anywhere is 1979, when they registered "LandCommand by SBE" as a trademark. So they may have given up the ghost as early as 1979 or 1980. I have seen one former employee (https://www.qsl.net/wb6jnn/middle.htm) say that the company was sold to a maker of single board computers who then left the radio business completely, but his link to the purchaser goes to a domain for sale page.

Okay as for the inside pictures, here we go finally:

Although I'm a bit bummed cos someone has been in here already. The PLL metal can has it's top missing and the circuit board is kinda floating some inside it...

It has channel digits displaying incorrectly as well, for instance when on channel 14 it reads 71 hmmmm...

Enjoy the pics folks 73, Retro

Attachments

• SBE Console 6 nos 34.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 34.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 13
  • SBE Console 6 nos 35.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 35.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 13
  • SBE Console 6 nos 36.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 36.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 13
  • SBE Console 6 nos 37.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 37.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 13
  • SBE Console 6 nos 38.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 38.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 13
  • SBE Console 6 nos 39.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 39.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 13
  • SBE Console 6 nos 40.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 40.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 13
  • SBE Console 6 nos 41.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 41.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 13
  • SBE Console 6 nos 42.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 42.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 13
  • SBE Console 6 nos 43.jpg
    SBE Console 6 nos 43.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 13

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.