• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

meanwhile out in the garage ...

That's up to Karilee. Not my radio. I did the cold iron resistance checks, slow burn in, initial alignment, voltage checks, and put it on her bench. Likely I'll never see the inside of it again.

her_deskF.jpeg

Now that SB-101 to the left of the HW-101 is a different story. I have her permission to update and modify as long as any modification can be returned to stock.
That's actually next here as soon as ...

the top board for https://ubitx.net/tag/ae7eu/ is all on Martin. Good luck :)
Martin is as a rule totally open source when it comes to amateur radio.
Due to the rest of his life he has limited time budgeted for these projects, offers zero support, has no interest in marketing, and seems to be a decent sort :)

The uBitix however is $139 , no waiting, step right up.

Our take on the NXP reference designs are still a ways off. Actually in alpha revision hell if you must know. You're better off getting the "design essentials kit" direct from NXP as ours is a bit more involved. The hints have been given elsewhere but here's a few more hints.

Three rules of "Thermogoddamnics"
1)you can't win
2)you will loose
3)you have to play

Corollaries

You can initiate a holding or delaying action but in the end the entropy arrow wins.
The limiting factor is instantaneous junction temperature.
Less heat = more current drain (see rule 1)
Efficiency < dissipation = space heater , BJT's still have their place but in the end it's heat that limits their use .
Efficiency > dissipation still = dissipation , you still have to dump heat but it helps. 85% efficiency vs 55% is quite a leap but you still have to radiate that 15% .
Conversion losses in a boost converter. More heat, more current drain, more complexity. 50-60 volts does have advantages in input output matching, four times the voltage = one fourth the current, but still see rule #1.

thank you for playing along at home...

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
19 Forwarded for delivery SEATTLE, WA - USA 08:52
1 Piece

18 Arrived at Delivery Facility in SEATTLE - USA SEATTLE, WA - USA 06:39
1 Piece

17 Arrived at Sort Facility SEATTLE - USA SEATTLE, WA - USA 06:15
1 Piece

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.