• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MOSLEY 27 MHz Antenna Designs - GROUND PLANE - DP-275-27 - "Devant Special" 11 Meters

zeetnias

Feb 17, 2021
I just bought this antenna. I was shocked at how good the quality was. I tried Sirio Beam 3 element made in Italy. Made very well. No comparison to this Mosley 11 METER ground plane antenna. I used an Imax 2000 before I got this one and SWR was always moving around. I set this one up no SWR for the 40 channels above and below on the CB band. No coils or anything like that. Just put it together. There is a sire you put on the outside that attaches to the ground and hot wire of the antenna. I could barely talk locally with my Imax 2000. I put this one up increased my gain by 4db on everyone's meter and they could hear me super loud. I talked to one person that was 25 miles away from me. He said he had a 9 to 10 on me using the exact same equipment. This antenna is built so solid, engineered beautifully and simple. The metal is super thick on all the radials. So light pick it up and hold it up in the air with one hand/arm without any issues. 21 feet tall , 9' radials. It is on sale right now for $399. Worth every penny of it. I talk all over the world now to Ireland, London, Germany, Scotland, France etc. Blows my mind!!!! And it is 27 Mhz. I use it for 10 meters I have my Technician license. Talked to Mexico easily from Ohio. Really a beautifully made antenna. Cheers. 73 "The Saint"

Mosley makes one of the best antennas for almost any bands ( they began making military antennas ) since 1950’s . I have a Mosley TA-33 WARC yagi an it’s built like a tank.

They been making 11 meter antennas since the beginning. Why they don’t market the Devant Special ? I don’t know.

Since you are the first one to tell you have bought one of them, Will you take some pictures for us to see the details.

You try to search on the web and you can’t find any pictures of this antenna, even the Mosley website doesn’t have pictures as well.

Yes, post some pics of your antenna!

I recently put up a Mosley tri-bander (TA-33 jr). Nice antenna, assembled fairly easy, and seems to work well! Very noticeable difference between my multiband inverted V!

The only drawback to Mosley antennas is they are factory direct, and antennas are made to order. My antenna took just over 3 months to receive it so don't be in a hurry.

This is in part due to supply chain issues with suppliers and backlog on many customer orders.

Here's a short clip of my antenna on a 22ft pushup pole and ok a Yaesu 450 rotor.

I don't know a soul that owns/owned this antenna. It has been around for decades and always intrigued me. Mosley doesn't promote it at all and it appears to be textbook design and build quality. Looks like a real antenna minus the snake oil.

Looking forward to photos and more thoughts on this sleeper!

SL

I don't know a soul that owns/owned this antenna. It has been around for decades and always intrigued me. Mosley doesn't promote it at all and it appears to be textbook design and build quality. Looks like a real antenna minus the snake oil.

Looking forward to photos and more thoughts on this sleeper!

SL
SL, you're right.

I'm going to try and talk to Zeetians and see if he can help me understand some more things about his new antenna.

Alexis and I are also hopeful we can get some really good close-up pictures of the parts.

I would also like some better dimensions so I can try and model the Devant and get real-close to the specs.

BTW, there is a good article in the manual I would recommend folks read, it is about antennas and when things go wrong, whether you know it or not. It is posted in this thread.

73's

Marconi 39zero - Grampa TC 390 on the radio.

There is a sire you put on the outside that attaches to the ground and hot wire of the antenna.
zeetnias., could you tell me what (sire) means on this Mosley antenna.

I know you're getting a kick out of this new setup.

I hope you can help me with some good dimensions for your Devant. I would like to model it using Eznec. I need a better understanding of how things work and are connected, and the dimensions (length/diameter,) for the tuning stubs. I am interested only in the exposed lengths of the various tubing pieces and any other important little parts even wires.

73's and God Bless

Eddie - Marconi - Grampa on the radio.
edromans@comcast.net ------------ if email is better for you.

Last edited:
Mosley 11 GP.png

MOSLEY 11M GP SPECS.png
Just FYI de Mosley website...this antenna is a forgotten gem.

Zeetnias, everyone here is anxious to see those pictures of the Devant because no one has any idea how it looks like. Please, take pictures for us to see how well is constructed.

zeetnias., could you tell me what (sire) means on this Mosley antenna.

I know you're getting a kick out of this new setup.

I hope you can help me with some good dimensions for your Devant. I would like to model it using Eznec. I need a better understanding of how things work and are connected, and the dimensions (length/diameter,) for the tuning stubs. I am interested only in the exposed lengths of the various tubing pieces and any other important little parts even wires.

73's and God Bless

Eddie - Marconi - Grampa on the radio.
edromans@comcast.net ------------ if email is better for you.
I think he meant wire

Reactions: Marconi
Come on Zeetnias !!! How difficult can it be to take some pictures of this antenna ? You already have it installed. You got us intrigued. We are expecting to see the real , not drawings .

Reactions: Marconi

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated