• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MOSLEY 27 MHz Antenna Designs - GROUND PLANE - DP-275-27 - "Devant Special" 11 Meters

Alexis, I also sent him a private message (conversation) and he has not responded to that either.

I think he has been back maybe a couple of times and did not respond. Maybe he is having too much fun with his new Mosley to post again. His one and only post on WWDX.

73's

Eddie

Alexis, I also sent him a private message (conversation) and he has not responded to that either.

I think he has been back maybe a couple of times and did not respond. Maybe he is having too much fun with his new Mosley to post again. His one and only post on WWDX.

73's

Eddie

Ahh, ok. His first post.

Well, time will tell. I think if someone has a particular antenna like this one, the owner should post some pictures for the guys to see ithe construction details, specially this one of which no picture can be found anywhere in the web.

It’s intriguing no picture can be found in the web. If anyone here find one, post it.

This looks like a ground plane with a trombone match on the bottom, no?

Bottom of page.

Jeff

Reactions: Marconi
Amen Jeff.

I sure wish I had some good dimensions for the Mosley Devant.

After all these years...for that antenna being around, and not hearing much of a word, you'd think that folks would want to talk about it a little bit.

73's

Eddie - Marconi

After all these years...for that antenna being around, and not hearing much of a word, you'd think that folks would want to talk about it a little bit.
The olden days, when metal antennas were not banned due to the insane installs that got some people killed...

Some only follow the pretty pictures, but not heed the warnings written in BOLD print.

Sigh...an antenna that could still work...

Reactions: NZ8N and Marconi
Midnight special, thanks for the link.

The Mosley Devant manual helps a lot, but I wish to model the Devant in Eznec and I need better dimensions for the exposed parts as installed, etc. installed lengths L" and diameters D".

If you can help me, that would be great, but if you can't...then let me know, OK?

Thanks - 73's and God Bless you,

Eddie - Marconi - Grampa on my radio.

I have the Mosley DP-275-DP that will be here soon , Ordered it back in November . I also have the Cl33m + WARC + 40 meter Dipole here now , but haven't put it together yet as I put a temporary hold on it as it will go 66ft up on a custom tilt tower . the Mosley Devant Special will be mounted 43ft up on a aluminum tilt tower that I just gotten for a hundred bucks . trying to get something up in the Air before I have a back surgery March 7th when they're placing 2 rods in my back from L2-L5 and fusing the front of the spine in that position also . from what i understand it will be a 6 month to a year recovery period . I will take some Pictures of it when complete and a report . if I can remember to in the group as I do suffer from a bad case of CRS . or someone could Email me to remind me . Eddie Macaroni it will be so much of a hurry to get it in put together and in the air that I wouldnd have time to pull any measurements from what I understant it just bolts together with pre drilled holes . 73 2WR003 , K3FES Fred in the She in the Swamps of Dinsmore Florida .

Reactions: Alexis Mercado
I have been using my Mosley TA-53M at 50 ft for over 12 years & it works very well on 10,12,15,17,& 20 meters. I had the TA-33Jr before I replaced it with the TA-53M because I love the WARC Bands. They have not stayed in business this long by building Junk. It's the same family & they have not been sold & someone else used their name. Mosley builds Quality antennas for all of the bands & have for well over 70 years.

For as long as this antenna has been around No matter how much we ask, we can NEVER EVER get actual pictures of this antenna from anybody who says they have one

Reactions: Alexis Mercado
file:///C:/Users/Utente/Downloads/Mosley.pdf

file:///C:/Users/Utente/Downloads/Mosley%20Devant%20special%20modificata%20in%20antenna%20HF%20(1).pdf

• Haha
Reactions: sp5it
New Mosley A311 in the Air. Here is the end point meter reading w/ 125' of R213 from DXE. Thoughts? Is X low enough? CH20 SWR is 1.4ish, 40 is 1.6ish. Thought it not bad install for a machinist & old drywaller!
So far at a mere 20' in the air thereabouts in the city it RX everything the 40' Tower Imax does. Not enough power in it yet as appears to "If I can hear them I can talk to them" yet. We are learning along the way but first & foremost concern was a sturdy build in Central KS Tornado Country. It appears we have achieved that.....we shall se this Spring. Now if we can just get it to out contact the Imax! Wisdom would be appreciated.

Attachments

• KIMG0110.JPG
    KIMG0110.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 22
  • KIMG0109_02_BURST1000109.JPG
    KIMG0109_02_BURST1000109.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 22

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated