• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Little Shack in Progress

Here is an updated picture. It is starting to look cluttered, I need a bigger desk. Haha

View attachment 33140

Wow now that is great space management ! I reduce the amount of bench gear when the girlfriend needs a place to put her stuff down lol but if she isn't here for a few days I pull more back out haha I think at last count I have 80+ mobiles 13+ Bases and now im buying more large older gear :whistle: The newest Heathkit is like a mini fridge minus the beers haha :ROFLMAO: Ill take pics of "the radio cabinet" if everyone promises not to break my stones lol ! Im grabbing 14 more radios on Sunday from a guy in Philadelphia !!! 9 Cobras 3 Radio Shacks 2 RCA's plus his power supplies , mics , meters , antennas etc . He is moving and "everything must go " it was an offer I could not refuse o_O

Is it hoarding if all your stuff is from the same hobby ???:D

73's

I bought the Robyn 240D a while back and realized that there was no place to put it. I ended up setting it on the filing cabinet in the corner because I don't like stacking radios and I am sure that my grandfather would be disappointed about the Madison sitting on his Hammerlund. Now finally the Robyn will get the home it deserves in the station. Stop by and check it out.

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/my-little-shack-new-shelf.238004/

View attachment 27442
Looks great chris. Was the eq not working well with the Sonar? 73.
PS. I haven't forgotten about you my friend. I went through a tough beginning to 2020. I still have all your goods Chris. I'll try to hook something up soon brother.

Looks great chris. Was the eq not working well with the Sonar? 73.
PS. I haven't forgotten about you my friend. I went through a tough beginning to 2020. I still have all your goods Chris. I'll try to hook something up soon brother.
I made a place for the Robyn and then took it back out to have a place for my rack gear. The rack gear does great with the 955 and the Sonar too, but I think the Sonar sounds better with the D104. I feel like that's the way it's supposed to sound because the 104 has a lot of punch where the rack gear compressor is adjusted for sideband on the 955. I could adjust it to better suit AM but I would rather not fiddle with it all the time. I would rather set it and forget it. If I really wanted to run rack gear on the Sonar, I would buy a second setup to have dedicated systems for each mode of operation. I hope you are doing well, I am working tons of overtime at the moment and we are not at our peak season yet. I will talk to you soon.
Chris

Reactions: Rwb and Woody-202
Latest update: The smoke came out of my X-Force 600.
https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/x-force-600hd-smoked.249976/page-5

IMG_20191227_125412085.jpg

Last edited:
I recently picked up a Robyn 240-D from eBay. It came with a D104 and seems to work ok. I might send it out to be aligned but first I really need to make a shelf. I really don't want to stack the units on top of each other. Also in this photo is the President Madison with upper channels and the Bearcat BC785D Trunk Tracker III.

Here is the thread on the Robyn:
https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/robyn-t-240d-executive.233524/

View attachment 25873
Any mods for the 785D ? Hoping to grab one on the cheap locally.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated