• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My old truck

Wally that truck looks like its mint body wise
Body wise, it is straight. Some rusty scales on the frame but not that bad, nothing that can't be fixed, we don't have all the salt and junk they put on the roads in colder climates. I have driven it in WV and PA a few times in snowy conditions if not for that it would be pretty much rust free, but it's still in great shape. I hope to dress it up and make it pretty again. The motor is still in good shape, and when it gets bad I've got one of the best Power stroke mechanics around just over the mountain from me, that's all he works on is Ford Power stroke motors. It's got the 6.0 that everyone complains about, but knock on wood I've had no issues other than normal wear and tear. It's all stock except for the EGR delete and a straight pipe, but I don't drive it like a teenager either. A lot of people give me a hard time about it being a 6.0 but you get good and bad in all of them. I had a nephew that bought a brand new Dodge diesel about 10 years ago and that thing spent more time in the shop than on the road, he finally got rid of it after about a year and a half, so you never know?

I am in a semi perpetual holding pattern. I will buy JDM engines for what I have now. There will be issues with wheel bearings, carrier bearings etc but I am well equipped to deal with these things.

I have been looking at used 2500 ram cummins with 200,000km are around $35000 Canadian...too pricey for me. Hope prices come down some, if not will be regearing my f150 to 4:10's only use the truck for towing now.

Haven't been on the forum much lately, but I have gotten the cab mount bushings replaced. Its nice not listening to the big thud every time I hit a bump in the road. Been putting money back to get the Raptor liner kit. Gonna give it a Raptor liner paint job, I plan on having it tinted with the Wedgewood blue ( original color) and going with black for the bed and lower body panels. Some say you either love the Raptor Liner paint job or you hate it, I happen to love it, if it's done right.

I drive a 2002 Ford F-150 4x4. I bought it when it had 29,000 miles on it. I've had it since 2005 and to this day only have 143,000 miles on it. Still runs great and looks pretty darn good for the age. Nope, not no new one in my future either. Just gonna put a little money into new shocks, plugs, belt, hoses, etc..., and all the normal goodies that need replacing. Haven't waxed it since 2011 and it does need that. But, when clean the old gal still looks pretty decent. Using Valvoline full synthetic high mileage 5W-20 now and it doesn't use any oil. Good old pickup truck. I may have the top of the cab re-painted after all the antennas and everything up there over the yrs the paint ain't looking so great anymore.

The van I drive is 1995 Chevy Astro I bought about 4 years ago with only about 56 thousand miles on it and was used commercial so it needed my TLC. It's got less 90 thousand on it now and runs like a dream. Gotta keep ahead of the rust and even Age takes it's toll on things. Wish I had the time to completely go thru it cause I love Tripping in it and that K40 Mag Mount on top has plenty of Ground plane.

My factory rims are looking pretty ruff and my driller has some rims off a 2019 f350 limited, said he'd sale em to me for $500 rims and tires. So I took him up on the deal. The tires are 10 ply Michialin and one oddball Cooper, but they have to be better than what I've got mine are about to show air their so worn-out. This is a pic off the internet but this is what they look like, I'll keep my original rims and maybe have them powder coated, not really sure?
Screenshot_20221104-181127_Chrome.jpg

20221130_180901.jpg

Got the rims from the 2019 Limited on this evening, they didn't come with lug nuts and the Limited center caps won't work with my lug nuts (to short) my old center caps don't look bad on these rims but I'll have to get different lug nuts so I can use the newer center caps. Next two projects are updated tow mirrors, headlights and tail lights.

View attachment 61588
Got the rims from the 2019 Limited on this evening, they didn't come with lug nuts and the Limited center caps won't work with my lug nuts (to short) my old center caps don't look bad on these rims but I'll have to get different lug nuts so I can use the newer center caps. Next two projects are updated tow mirrors, headlights and tail lights.
Nice looking Truck, hope you had a good Thanksgiving with your Family!!

My 2003 Toyota HILUX crew cab 4x4 is going on 20 years old with 300000 km on the clock but runs/looks new. Just put a new clutch and body mounts on it, so it drives/rides like new too. Paid 40,000 pesos for it 9 years ago. Now same model is going for 60,000 pesos +. Go figure. buy a new one ... no way.

View attachment 61589
That's a sharp Toyota! That thing looks immaculate. Those little trucks just keep going and going.

Update!! I think the 2019 rims really set the truck off compared to the original rims. But when I test drove it last night I hit a rough patch on the highway and the truck started into a DEATH WOBBLE!!!! The truck was shaking so bad my eyes couldn't even focus on the highway, by the time I got it back under control I was in the oncoming lane of traffic luckily no one else was on the road at the time. I've owned this truck since 2011 and that's the first time that's ever happened. I didn't check the air pressure before I drove it, will be checking that today! And the rest of the front end! I had the complete front end rebuilt and aligned a couple of years ago? But something has gone wrong, hopefully it's not anything to do with the new rims but since this is the first time this has ever happened I'm wondering?

Death Wobble is caused by a lot of things. Since the only thing you changed was the tires/rims, it has to be something to do with that. Other than tire pressure, maybe the front and back wheels are mismatched. Radial tires are very sensitive when it comes to that. Putting a back tire, that's used to just going straight, on the front, won't act right when combined with a tire that's used to going straight as well as left/right. Hope that you can figure out which tires were on the back and which were on the front on the seller's truck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated