• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Galaxy 959 Problem

Astatic Road Devil(loudest,clearest)
Ranger SRA-198(best sounding but very attenuating)
Ranger SRA-158(everybody says it sounds tinny)
Astatic 636L(clear but slightly attenuating)
Galaxy and Ranger stock hand mic's(for setting up 959&936ffc's modulation)
K40 Speech Processor(when it's repaired)
Superstar stock handmic(goes on TRC-428)
CRE-8900 stock handmic(modified)

Reactions: 1 person
Why would they fix something that in their eyes the owner has done to their radio by screwdrivering it?

I think you ought to reread this thread about how he bought it from Redman who tuned and aligned it before shipping it to him

Menu:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 56
Why would they fix something that in their eyes the owner has done to their radio by screwdrivering it?

I the owner bought this radio new peaked and tuned with a 2yr warranty. Plugged it up for about 3 minutes before it quit new out of the box.
:pop:

They broke the seals, therefore the factory warranty is potentially void. It doesn't matter that you bought it new, the modified it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

They broke the seals, therefore the factory warranty is potentially void. It doesn't matter that you bought it new, the modified it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Every radio on Redmans site has 2yr warranty in bold even if peaked and tuned. Even the refurbs. So if its not got one Galaxy needs to quit sending him radios. In fact almost every cb site has the 2yr mfg warranty on there tuned radios.

I bought a NOS/NIB Ranger 936ffc from Copper Electronics a short while back. It's got a warranty seal on it but even still,Ranger isn't over strick about that. Of course I broke the seals but then it's a five year old radio and out of warranty. Ranger has red warranty seal gunk on the parts inside that people would normally monkey with that would void the warranty even if they put a seal back on the radio case.

But in Gakaxy's case,if you were to send a a radio in for warranty work,they could tell easily if something's been done to harm the radio.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.