1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

No ssb, or anything being heard.

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by 85Blazer, Sep 9, 2018.

1. 85Blazer

85Blazer Member

Am i crazy, I don't receive any ssb or anything else except for local. That's on my base station and mobile. Is this common?

2. S&W357

S&W357 Active Member

Been quiet here (NC) for a few days also.

3. loosecannon

loosecannon Sr. Member

what kind of antenna?
    LC

4. 85Blazer

85Blazer Member

Wilson 1000, homemade 102" whip ground plain and a dipole.

5. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

Yup, it has. I’m near the coast and it’s been unusually dead. Nice and quiet at night though, makes working at night better.

S&W357 likes this.
  6. 357magnum

357magnum Well-Known Member

Dx to Nc, Sc , Tn were coming in well here daily up until about 2 weeks ago , now Zip , Zilch , Nada ! Just locals spotty during the day , I even checked to see if I had disconnected my antenna for an approaching storm . Nope just quiet .:eek:

7. TheRealPorkchop

Oh yeah, that’s the case here too. I’ve noticed that when the skip starts coming in, it’s usually gonna rain within a day or so. ConsiderIng that stupid storm is headed this way I expect the skip to pick up soon. I’m near Wilmington so I’m expecting to catch the grunt of it. Where you at?

It was pretty good here a few weeks back like you said but lately it’s just been bone dry.

357magnum likes this.
  8. 357magnum

357magnum Well-Known Member

TheRealpc , If you look @ a Map , I'm in Western Coventry Ri , @ 6 miles from the Ct line directly in line w/ Plainfield Ct . After all these I've only logged De. a few times tough spot for me just like Nj . I finally logged all 50 states last year after almost 50 years on 11m .
    73 and God Bless , Leo

Mudduckmobile likes this.
  9. TheRealPorkchop

Ah, well it's dead up and down the coast then and seems the eastern half of the country. Imagine that...

What about you S&W357, where you at in NC? That storm is probably gonna smack us, I'm 50 miles from the coast, so I'm willing to bet this week the skip will start picking up. I shall report.. like anyone is actually interested... but nonetheless I shall report.

(don't make me use my jedi mind tricks and brain toss you)

357magnum likes this.
  10. S&W357

S&W357 Active Member

I'm more inland in NC. South east of Lexington.

11. EricExtreme

EricExtreme American Eagle 813

There hasn’t been any DXing going on up here in the White Mountains of New Hampshire for multiple weeks. I hang out at a location where I am 6300 feet up and still nothing. Plenty of locals to chat with, but no DX.

#11 EricExtreme, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Shadetree Mechanic and 357magnum like this.
  12. TheRealPorkchop

Well maybe you’ll miss out on the storm. I hope we do too. Getting time for the radio to pick up though.

357magnum and S&W357 like this.
  13. fogdog

fogdog Active Member

Static Static Static is all I've been hearing up here in East Tn mountains on 11 meter and 10 meter ssb. Local comms are doable, but it ain't good either. WTH.

357magnum likes this.
  14. TheRealPorkchop

I wish I was in East Tennessee or western NC, long as I could see mountains. Probably static here too, haven’t checked today

fogdog, 357magnum and S&W357 like this.
  15. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Only hear sidebanders on 11 meters when skip is running. The days of local HF-operator sideband clubs are long gone.

They all either died or got a ham license when the morse requirement was dropped.

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.