• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No ssb, or anything being heard.

Not good PC , that area is where Xyl and I are thinking to relocate to , on one of the inlets , after this she'll put the brakes on me ! And that will suck !lol

Well, I scanned the band and didn’t really hear much today but I had to cut the grass more than play radioman. I’m looking to move to the mountains myself, I’ve had enough of this place personally.

I wish they’d bury the power lines. For the storms we get and to help keep the noise off my antenna. I can never escape that no matter where I live in this county. If there’s a chance of hearing anybody, I can’t for noise.

It’s odd though, it’s like it’s most noticeable from channel 1 to about 19-20. Then past 20 to 40, it gets pretty quiet. Annoying. It’s also usually more during the day than at night. The antenna is an A99 about 50ft off the ground and well grounded. But there’s a 100ft pine about 25 feet away that’s gonna be its new home. Maybe up that high I’ll miss the noise.

Of course with a storm coming, it’d be real peachy to watch the wind snap it in the top of that pine tree.

TheRealpc , S&W357 and all members down that way , I hope you weather the storm . From looks of things it supposed to hit Cat "4" . 73 and God Bless , Leo (y)

Thanks! I'm in the central part of NC so won't be as bad as near the coast line. The local weather folks are forecasting 10"-17" of rain in My Area plus lots of wind though...yikes! :eek:

I cranked up the generator this morning to make sure it was running good.

You just had to say the G word didn’t you?

Got me thinking, I might better go take that antenna down. The guy wires might not hold it, they’re paracord.

Reactions: 357magnum
Only hear sidebanders on 11 meters when skip is running. The days of local HF-operator sideband clubs are long gone.

They all either died or got a ham license when the morse requirement was dropped.

We have 3 very active sideband groups in this area. Wednesday nights the 9 America SSB group has a radio net on 36lsb and on Thursday nights it’s the New Hampshire SSB Club. There are a lot of Americans Eagle SSB Club members in the area as well.

Reactions: 357magnum
Thanks! I'm in the central part of NC so won't be as bad as near the coast line. The local weather folks are forecasting 10"-17" of rain in My Area plus lots of wind though...yikes! :eek:

I cranked up the generator this morning to make sure it was running good.

You just had to say the G word didn’t you?

Got me thinking, I might better go take that antenna down. The guy wires might not hold it, they’re paracord.

We took a direct hit from Irma down here a year ago today. It wasn't fun,but we're bouncing back. Crank your generators, take down your antennas, prepare and be safe.

Good luck.

Back to the theme of the thread. Yes, it should be fairly quiet for the next few months, as we are now at the very bottom of the Solar Cycle. Could last as long as 6 months of quiet. But after that, it is going to start up slowly picking up and come to a fever pitch by the next four years - more/less

Just bought a new 4 element Yagi by Sirio and will get it installed for this upcoming cycle. Y'all will be hearing me on the flatside - Lord willing . . .

Oh yeah, same thing goes for the 'superb owl' thread - lol . .

Last edited:
Back to the theme of the thread. Yes, it should be fairly quiet for the next few months, as we are now at the very bottom of the Solar Cycle. Could last as long as 6 months of quiet. But after that, it is going to start up slowly picking up and come to a fever pitch by the next four years - more/less

Just bought a new 4 element Yagi by Sirio and will get it installed for this upcoming cycle. Y'all will be hearing me on the flatside - Lord willing . . .

Oh yeah, same thing goes for the 'superb owl' thread - lol . .
Cant wait!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.