• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No ssb, or anything being heard.

Cycle25_Prediction.png

We find that the average strength of the polar fields near the end of Cycle 24 will be similar to (or slightly weaker) that measured near the end of Cycle 23, indicating that Cycle 25 will be similar in strength (or slightly weaker) to the current cycle. After four years of simulation the variability across our ensemble indicates that the accumulated uncertainty is on the order of about 15%. This uncertainty arises from stochastic variations in the convective motion details, the active region tilt, and changes in the meridional flow. In addition, small cycles (like cycle 24) are typically preceded by long extended minima, and so we expect a similar long extended minimum before Cycle 25.
Detailed information from this observation and prediction on Cycle 25 can be found here:
http://solarcyclescience.com/forecasts.html#Cycle 25 Prediction

Another Groups prediction info is here, stating Cycle 25 has started with peak(lower than 24) in late 2023 early 2024:
close-up-of-model-prediction-and-actual.png

This info/prediction can be found here:
https://tallbloke.wordpress.com/201...eveals-his-solar-cycle-25-prediction-at-last/

Different schools of thought but similar in regards to when (+/- 2 years) as to when the next Cycle 25 begins to rebound.
We will see what happens. Personally I hope both scenarios are wrong!
I want to see a 1980 type peak!:whistle:(y) I however think that will likely not occur:cry:
All the Best
Gary

Again Another prediction: 06 August 2018
https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1029/2018GL078387

Cut from above:
Plain Language Summary
After the exceptionally weak Solar Cycle 24 (SC24), there is considerable interest in accurately predicting the amplitude of the coming Solar Cycle 25 (SC25). In 2016, the Advective Flux Transport (AFT) Model was used to make such a prediction. We now have two additional years of solar data. Here we compare the results of the previous prediction to the observations that have since occurred. We then use the additional two years of data to create an updated prediction, with a much smaller uncertainty. We predict that SC25 will be about slightly smaller (∼95%) the strength of SC24, making it the weakest solar cycle in the last hundred years. We also predict that,like SC24, SC25 will be preceded by a long extended solar minimum. Finally, these results indicate that we are now in the midst of a Modern Gleissberg Minimum.

Guess we have to wait and see...
All the Best
Gary

Found some local chatter on 38LSB, but also heard a strong signal from Bilize, Hawaii, and Mexico. Hooked up my old SBE Console II on a Firestik indoor base antenna that was sitting in my backyard next to the pool.

I am in Southern CA

I could not get the bilize station, but I Hawaii station picked me up.

First time back no the air since 83 when I was in high school, it was pretty cool.

I need a better antenna, lol.

I monitor and local rag chew on 38lsb. Heard some skip last week. Openings are sporadic.

Edit: I'm in NJ 5 miles west of NYC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 357magnum
Then there is the seasonal changes in the Earth orbit to the suns equatorial - there's a time as position in the equinoxes that we pass thru a "Current sheet" that signals we passed from solar northern hemisphere to southern hemisphere.

That current sheet affects how the Earths magnetosphere and well as upper troposphere react to the earths' own position in relation to the orbital path as well as it's tilt, into that thru into the solar ecliptic plane - into the southern realm. That shift generates a considerable amount of Magnetosphere and tropospheric change.

Spaceweather.com
Spaceweathernews.com

Same out on the West Coast of Northern California. I have the local but no DX, just nobody out there. It all has somtin to do wit somtin

Thanks Handy Andy! I'm about 175 miles direct line inland from the coast so things should be OK...I hope.

As it stands now in my area we should get mega rain and some low area flooding. I'm on high ground so should be OK. 50-60 mph wind is forecasted with higher gusts. Power outages and downed trees projected.

Forecast keeps changing so situation varies at the moment. I'm getting ready to secure more things outside (hopefully). Probably going to at least drop the ends on horizontal dipole...A99 vertical already down and resting.

Hope my chickens and goats don't set sail to the wind! :eek:

413165468.jpg

178308338.jpg

Cute Chicks and Love to the Kids...

It's the power outages that are the concern, many like myself used wellwater so needed electric for the pump - remember those days of gathering up tanks for that reason...

That usually equates to cell-tower issues, traffic, lack of gas - amongst others...we may not hear from you for a while if and when facilities go down - so...

We're rootin' for ya' - it'll be rough so it's not gonna be a piece of cake but good luck and keep us posted when you can!

Cycle25_Prediction.png

I want to see a 1980 type peak!:whistle:(y) I however think that will likely not occur:cry:
All the Best
Gary
Yea, that 1980 peak was a doozy. If you didn’t make DXCC on most bands during that period you weren’t trying. One of my most memorable contacts was made mobile to mobile from Florida to Germany. Both of us were running 4 watts AM with converted CB rigs on 10 meters. He was S9 or above and the QSO lasted 15 or 20 minutes until we quit. The skip never died or faded. Converting CB’s over to 10 meters became a popular pastime because of those tremendous conditions.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.