• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No ssb, or anything being heard.

S&W , Love the Cat and the Coyote it's sleeping on (Best thing for a Coyote ) ,the chickens also I had Buff Orpington's once but mine didn't produce like my sex links and were like rubber to eat but a beautiful bird for sure ! Goats ? Never again ! I had some back in 86' the same year I bought my wife a new 86 Lincoln LSC Mark VII ( car cost me big $'s back then ) found it doing a tap dance on it's hood ! Lets just say it didn't end well for her goat .;)

S&W , also I used a "Hydro Shock bullet" @ the time the goat went to see Undertaker ,lol Hard to get here can you still get them in your state ? 73 and God Bless . Leo

Prior to "relaxing" my horizontal dipole yesterday in prep for Florence I did hear some stateside SSB and AM DX .

Federal Hydra Shok...Yes, ammo is available here in some calibers. Federal HST, Speer Gold Dot, Winchester Ranger, etc. have replaced Hydra Shok as the popular commercial handgun for LEO's and civilian defensive purposes.

Haven't bought any Hydra Shok in years though as I hand load most revolver cartridges with Hornady XTP JHP's or Lead SWC's.

I use Hornady Interlok bullets for most rifle cartridges I load.

The Lead Semi Wadcutters pack a solid punch...as in these 240 grain .44 specials. :eek:

413956834.jpg

Only hear sidebanders on 11 meters when skip is running. The days of local HF-operator sideband clubs are long gone.

They all either died or got a ham license when the morse requirement was dropped.

Haven't heard skip in about 3 weeks here in the Pacific Northwest.

WE do have a Puget Sound 11m SSB Net every Saturday at 7PM local! 40LSB!

(y)No usable skip here. Occasionally some distant stations fade to the top of the mud for a few seconds. My heart goes out to the people in the Carolinas and effected areas that I have talked to. Still thinking about putting up a 2 element quad and move the Vector 4k to the opposite corner of the house. The locals are still on ch 20 and we talk just about every day. I got invited to the ch20 BBQ at the end of the month so it will be good to meet some of these guys I have been talking to.
Chris

Reactions: 357magnum
STM/Chris: Build a 3 element LFA...You will love it!
https://sites.google.com/site/buildingcbantennas/3-element-lfa-yagi---27-mhz
http://www.g0ksc.co.uk/intro-lfa/making-the-lfa-loop.html

Both Firerunner and I, have 5 element versions on 6m (14ft boom)...Work DAMN good! Super quiet and good gain for size.
I have mine laying on the barn presently...I replaced it with a 6 element on 25 ft boom @ 40ft,
I will eventually place the 5'er on another tower at greater height so I can switch back and forth between them.
Chuck(Firerunner) and I both meet Justin (Mr. LFA) at XENIA Hamvention...
Super nice guy!!!
Very cool to chat with him for a spell...He stopped by the Midwest 6m DX booth where we had a 4 element LFA for 6m mounted on 30ft of tower operating during Hamvention 2018
All the Best
Gary

Yea, that 1980 peak was a doozy. If you didn’t make DXCC on most bands during that period you weren’t trying. One of my most memorable contacts was made mobile to mobile from Florida to Germany. Both of us were running 4 watts AM with converted CB rigs on 10 meters. He was S9 or above and the QSO lasted 15 or 20 minutes until we quit. The skip never died or faded. Converting CB’s over to 10 meters became a popular pastime because of those tremendous conditions.

Back around 1980 and for several years after mobile DXing was great. I remember working mobile to mobile into Argentina several times and into Luxor Egypt while on my dinner break one day. A buddy and I managed to get our hands on a couple of CB radios from the UK which of course were FM. They were modified for 10m and we had a ball working 10m FM with 4-6 watts mobile. The neat thing about those UK CB's was that they had a mandatory 10dB attenuator switch on the front panel to reduce power output. It was pretty cool to make a contact with 5 watts and switch to half a watt and still keep the contact going.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated