• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Not what I wanted to do on my vacation.

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
I got up this morning, the fourth day of my twenty days off and realized that it was the day that I normally would be going back to work. It felt great to be thinking about those poor SOB's that had to work today. :laugh: Then I got a phone call. The XYL of a good and long time friend called to tell me Tom, VE1TJP, had passed away last night after a fight with cancer. :sad: Tom's wife worked with my mother many,many years and they were family friends since I was a kid or before. I myself became a close friend of Tom when I was about 16 and started to do a little electronics work for him on his CB's. Later we both decided to get our amateur tickets and while he had a really bad time with electronics he was a whiz at CW. I was the exact opposite. We were a perfect match for learning from each other. Just yesterday I said to my wife that I was going to see Tom sometime this week before I go back to work. I should have done that last week I guess. No funeral by his request. Just a memorial service following cremation later this week.

VE1TJP/SK 27/07/2014 RIP :sad:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.