• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Old SBE Console II 23 channel, freq. expansion

It helps to be an Old Man when working on these Old Radios! But I need to find spare parts I think my crystals are starting to fail. Anyway you might find it interesting that My Gonset G-11 made back in the late 50's "The one I found on the city dump at age 12" was the forefather of the SBE's you could say they share DNA as Mr. Faust started SBE but I believe Raytheon owned SBE when the CII's were made. Good luck these are some good ole radios.

Oldtech03 still resonating, LOL
Sorry, guess I'm feeling old this morning!

Reactions: S&W357 and Dmans
Thanks guys, I am going to have a couple 12.100MHz crystals made by Bomar, this will allow these SBE CIIs to continue to live on CH 36,37,38,40. Much better than drilling holes and such for a VFO.

So I need a HC25/U holder and the capacitance is 20pF, and I want accuracy of .005?

Need to be sure as these are custom made and not cheap. I assume these will be no problem working with my radio, these will be like OEM?

Need to be sure as these are custom made and not cheap. I assume these will be no problem working with my radio, these will be like OEM?

Titan7,
I believe that is correct. I am only offering suggestions based on "typical" CB radios. Your SBE may have some different specifications I am not aware of. I have ordered crystals in the past (20 years ago) and am aware of the prices and NO RETURNS on the merchandise.

As I do not do this for a living but am merely a hobbyist, perhaps someone like OldTech03 or Nomad may could "second" this information.

Good Luck
73's
David

Thx David, appreciate it, will wait for one of those experts to confirm.

I am sure you are correct, but I don’t want to lose $100 on the wrong crystals only to have to spend it again to fix the error. Lol.

Reactions: Dmans
Thanks for the plug nomadradio. I do have a kit for the Console II. See link below;

Electrolytic capacitor kit for SBE-16CB (Console II, 23 channel)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142958015737

s-l1600.jpg
He needs a bigger plug

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.