• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Prefer list

My dad always planted a garden so big that it was larger than some truck farms. He sold produce to 4 local stores and from a stand usually operated by my mother.
I ran the tillers, prepared seed beds, built cold frames for seed starting. To this day I still will not eat a raw tomato. We had so many tomatoes he would give us 30 lbs at a time and we just gave most of them away to neighbors. I took care of the investment crops which sounds a lot easier than it is. Investment crops are thing you do not have plant every year like Asparagus. I could often be heard singing my favorite song,"This is the Dawning of the age of Asparagus." I could not resist. But it is true.
My wife back then heard me singing and came to listen cracked up laughing and said," No you are singing that all wrong and went of on a spiel about Malapropisms etc." When she finally realized where I was working she cracked laughing again and said never mind.
  1. Malapropism | Definition of Malapropism by Merriam-Webster
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/malapropism
    English Language Learners Definition of malapropism : an amusing error that occurs when a person mistakenly uses a word that sounds like another word but that has a very different meaning Keep scrolling for more More from Merriam-Webster on malapropism
    Example: there's a bathroom on the right From a song by Creedance Clearwater revival.

Last edited:
I hear Ya' on The Tomatoes ! I eat them raw but when I was about 14 I worked on a Vegetable Farm , first day I had to pick tomatoes , Hand Baskets , Bushel Baskets , you name it ! I went to bed that night , shut my eye's & all I could see was damn Tomatoes ! :LOL: It's something that's stuck in my head till this day .

Back to the lowly Hi-Point carbines for a moment...9mm

413588423.jpg

Gitcha one. I bought this one in a school booster club auction that was held in the gym. :confused:

There were two of these auctioned... 9mm & a .40. I bid on the .40 but was outbid above my limit. Next one auctioned was the 9mm and was high bidder.

Probably a dozen guns were auctioned all new in the box. Rifles, shotguns, handguns.

They were all donated by a local gun store. Lots of other things auctioned also. Happens once a year. (y)

Last night we went to the store with a set of rules to prep for a possible short term stay in the house. The first rule was not to buy things that we normally buy grocery shopping with the exception of toilet paper because we were almost out. All items had to have good shelf life and be things we like. So we bought some Tuna. Chicken in the can spam,eggs, box pizza kits, noodle bowls, and the like. Wait and see what happens next. Tonight Radio inventory. But wife says I have enough.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?