• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Reclaim LSB 16

I've not heard anyone on LSB 16. There is skip rolling in on LSB 38 & 39. I made a few contacts up there, but it definitely is not the usual pile-up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
I tried calling at 12w and nothing. So let’s try 375w still nothing. Dang
About 1/2 hour ago, there were several California stations coming in on LSB 37. A New Mexico station was in the mix with them. Before that, I was picking up a lot of eastern Canadian stations (Toronto area and Montreal) and a few in Wisconsin. So, the propagation today so far has been decent across very specific arcs and almost non-existent across most others.

Excellent contact, 1863. The conditions were fading in and out just about, but not enough to cut off the connection. At your strongest, you were swinging up to 8 "S" units. I'm in Miami today about 110 miles NE of my "official QTH", but nevertheless a pretty decent contact for 40 year old unit feeding a Starduster and running barefoot. I'm looking forward to connecting with a few more of our WWDX operators on LSB 16 over the next few days.

Merry Christmas.

I made 2 contacts yesterday: 933 at 4:28P.M. and 1863 at 4:41P.M. My rig: a barefoot, 41 year old Realistic TRC 490 with a Turner Super Sidekick feeding a Starduster clone.

According to https://www.hamqsl.com/solar.html conditions on the 12-10 meter bands today are "fair". It is a repeat of yesterday. There will be some DX out there, but it won't be a feast. Our best chances of making contacts will probably be at noon eastern and then every hour on the hour only because of folks knowing to converge at those times.

Good luck.

Reactions: Marconi

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated