• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Remember the Good Ole days?

Holy smokes I actually remember seeing that karate Cobra video on my little tube TV back in the day! That just took me back in time!

Reactions: r carl
I have to admit I don’t remember those ad’s. I am 50 yrs old so I was a kid back in the 70’s.

Dad did have a early 60’s a Rambler and then got a 74’ green with white top AMC Hornet with a straight six.

I started on the CB at age 5 & I remember in the 70's when almost everyone I knew had a CB in their vehicle & a 3rd of them also hadone as a base radio at home.The closest thing to a Noise Toy was a Browning Golden Eagle & only two of us locally had one of those.I think the clown who invented Noise Toys & Echo Microphones should have been put in prison for life at the minimum.CB will forever been a Toilet & Channel 6 will always be stopped up & need flushing no matter when the last time it was it was flushed.The Good Old days are Long Gone & they are Never coming back so you may as well give up on that hope if you still had it. {:>)

SIX-SHOOTER

CB McHaul, Bear Masher and CB Patrol toys manufactured in 1977 by Mego Corp. These are all highly collectable now. This OM would love to have them gracing my shelf. Too bad I never gave them a second thought other than a laugh back then.

Reactions: Rwb
My first car..

'77 Granada 2 door.. 250 Straight 6...
My first car too, 1976, 250 six with 75k miles on it when my grandma gave it to me. I still have it. Built up a couple of different 351w motors, the latest has aluminum heads, holley 4 barrel, big cam. Had a Maxon cb with mag mount on the trunk. Unfortunately it has been the queen of the back yard for about 10 years now. It's still on the to do list.

IMG_20210320_160847272.jpg

Last edited:
The Good Old days are Long Gone & they are Never coming back so you may as well give up on that hope if you still had it. {:>)

SIX-SHOOTER

The Good Old Days are alive and well at my house. Andy Griffith. Bonanza. Gunsmoke. Johnny Rivers. James Taylor. The Grass Roots. To Kill a Mockingbird. The Great Escape. The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. And on and on.

I just have to be sure not to venture outside. (y)

Last edited:
The Gold Old Days are alive and well at my house. Andy Griffith. Bonanza. Gunsmoke. Johnny Rivers. James Taylor. The Grass Roots. To Kill a Mockingbird. The Great Escape. The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. And on and on.

I just have to be sure not to venture outside. (y)

Same while going down the road: Harry James, Stan Kenton, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Sinatra, Garland, Fitzgerald, Cole and a host of others. Arrangements by Riddle, Jenkins, Hefti. Etc.

Once there was talent + taste = sophistication. All-American.

The JFK assassination turned what was emulable into dogshit substitutes.

When we lived in Southern Cal there was a Ford tv commercial where a couple walked up to a Granada and started to get in. Another couple walked up and said," Hey that's our Granada." The first couple replied," Sorry, we thought this was our Mercedes"

PLEASE give me a break !! Like someone would mistake a Granada for a Mercedes?? Hahahahahaha. Never happen. This commercial became such a joke in SoCal that Ford ditched it almost immediately. I tried to find it online and it's long gone.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated