• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rocketbox info thread !!! Made in the USA with a reasonable pricetag !

Would you like to build you own Rocketbox linear from a kit ??

• Total voters

Hey thanks ! That's a lot mike my first ebay kit I did get it working but it needed a ton of work , lots of the cheap components had to be replaced before it would even function but was still fun !

Next is the single LDMOS 1KW 50v base box on a budget ! Im going to build a real KW base for $350-400 and document and record the build !
Ill let you guys know whats fresh on the bench !
73's Brian

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
There is another variant playing the Palomar design ripoff.
They are calling it "The BlackCat" built by your friends at H&Y electronics.

Reactions: WINKDOGG
Not any more. H&Y is kaput. Run into the ground after Chester Sr. died.

H&Y is kaput but the little jerk who owes me money dumped the retail and has been making amplifiers. They are still in the same location and some of the old staff along with some new ones still show up there on a regular basis.
Yes I have people watching him to gather information for the attorneys..

Last edited:
A1BBAFFB-FB15-4D86-9022-C7C42CE71B5D.gif

Private eyes... are watching you...

Also notice that the transistors used in this kit do not have the metal tab as the grounded terminal on the back. They are sold with insulators to compensate for this problem. Operating a switch mode FET in linear mode while using insulators just complicates the heat removal process on a part that already struggles with this problem. I've rejected several in my recent designs for this exact same issue.

Also notice that the transistors used in this kit do not have the metal tab as the grounded terminal on the back. They are sold with insulators to compensate for this problem. Operating a switch mode FET in linear mode while using insulators just complicates the heat removal process on a part that already struggles with this problem. I've rejected several in my recent designs for this exact same issue.

Thanks for sharing some good info.

Reactions: WINKDOGG
Thanks for sharing some good info.

That's why I love these forums TIN_CAN tons of cool intelligent people that are happy to help without flaming or bashing me for admitting I don't know it all ! Look how this thread grew , lots of great info with very little "dissing" or BS going on !

Thanks to all , 73's

4-2-ZERO NJ

That's why I love these forums TIN_CAN tons of cool intelligent people that are happy to help without flaming or bashing me for admitting I don't know it all ! Look how this thread grew , lots of great info with very little "dissing" or BS going on !

Thanks to all , 73's

4-2-ZERO NJ

I hear yeah man, Never had an issue here, everyone has been helpful and informative, its refreshing, I am no tech but do enjoy the radio hobby and try and do as much as I can with my limited knowledge.

I hear yeah man, Never had an issue here, everyone has been helpful and informative, its refreshing, I am no tech but do enjoy the radio hobby and try and do as much as I can with my limited knowledge.
Yessir !! I have even been able to fix MOST of the stuff I have fried thanks to the forums lol

4-2-ZERO Just got dow….. bzzxzzz zappp shhhhhhh click pop ….smoke :ROFLMAO::LOL::whistle:

Reactions: Tokin
When you get the kit it’s not a pile of parts, the largest majority of the components are already installed. It’s more like just putting together different pieces of a puzzle or something like that, haha. It’s not hard.

Now if you want any type of warranty, well you better buy an assembled amp either directly from RocketBox or a dealer (I just happen to know one too, haha). I think the price increase is worth it, you know it’s tested and working before it’s shipped to you and you get a warranty.

The mosfets aren’t covered under the warranty for obvious reasons.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?