• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ruger Wrangler

308 & 30/06 same cal. 30/06 will travel farther with load. But 308 is consistent.

The 308 does a really good job at doing what it was made to do...packing 30-06 potential into a shorter case/ shorter action. The practical differences between the two are minuscule. Indeed, the ‘06 can handle a bit heavier bullets, and ammo availability goes to the 308. If you’re a hunter and buying commercial loads, or loading your own, that becomes a wash once the brass is obtained. I personally think claims about accuracy had more to do with period guns than any inherit trait of either cartridge. Both cartridges in the same modern bolt-action receiver, with equal efforts, I doubt many would find a difference.

It wasn’t that long ago that 1 moa was a dream for most....but a typical expectation now.

Almost too easy to forget how effective the simple things can be.

True deer-whacking medicine, at least here in the East.

DD77DB30-716A-4F4E-AC4A-BBCE3482AED3.jpeg

308 & 30/06 same cal. 30/06 will travel farther with load. But 308 is consistent. 8mm smacks the crosshair with load and consistency. The German mouser, either auto or bolt has been a consistant shooter. Swedish mouser was 8" longer and for some reason not as consistant. The 8" somehow reduced muzzle velocity.
:eek::eek::eek:My 30.06 is a tack driver! At 200 yards when I am having a bad shaky day you can cover a five shot grouping with a quarter. Since I hand load and did a serious bunch of ladder loads and tuned my loads to this rifle exclusively. When I bring my rifle up to fire I know exactly where my round is going to hit.

:eek::eek::eek:My 30.06 is a tack driver! At 200 yards when I am having a bad shaky day you can cover a five shot grouping with a quarter. Since I hand load and did a serious bunch of ladder loads and tuned my loads to this rifle exclusively. When I bring my rifle up to fire I know exactly where my round is going to hit.
Oh, yea! Well with my Model 70 .308 I can shoot a Turkey in the butt at 400 yards. I mearly "hand load" mine right from the box to the firearm. o_Oo_O:LOL::LOL::LOL:......wish I had time to load my own.....I could prolly hit 2 Turkey in the butt with one shot.

[Diclaimer: This is intended for amusement purposes only]

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.