• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

what a maroon.

most times it's actually the power switch that causes that voltage drop in 2000's.

It switches the ground, and even though it is sealed, the contacts do deteriorate over this much time and need attention.

the fix is to drill a tiny hole in the corner of the plastic bottom of the switch, just big enough to get the nozzle of your contact cleaner spray can into. drill slowly to make sure that all the shavings are being drawn up and out and not into the switch.

spray and actuate the switch and the contacts will be all good again. i usually use some contact enhancer on them afterwards. then just seal up the hole with a little silicon.

I have not had one 2000GTL come across my bench that had this voltage drop that cleaning the switch did not cure.

also its pretty easy to test the theory before you do anything using just a temporary wire jumper.

oh, and glass is an insulator and happens to be pretty high up on the positive side of the triboelectric series.

it should NEVER be used as an electronics bench top.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.