• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scary Snake Radio "Setting Up" President Lincoln II V3

What is this?

From one of his videos:
Here is The flamethrower guys whining because someone finally got in one of there overpriced 959 radio`s Danger Will Robinson lol.

YouTube WARNING: Scammers and wannabe technicians have been posting YouTube videos of themselves critiquing other sellers products or doing fake repairs on their "believed" competitor's radios. While analyzing the radio or making staged repairs, the "self appointed expert" makes derogatory comments or accusations of the workmanship, price or performance of the radio while boasting and bragging in an attempt to promote the unbelievably fantastic work he, or some technician he claims to know does.....These videos are usually posted on web sites or forums personally owned and edited by these imbeciles. These imposters always dictate their videos with the assumption that ALL previous mods or repairs on the radio shown were done by the original Tech or seller of the radio, never mentioning the fact that most hack jobs or repair anomalies on radios are usually done by the owner or previous owners, NOT by a qualified Tech. Anyone with common sense who watches these videos certainly knows that if someone received a radio in that condition from any seller or CB shop they would have unquestionably returned it for repair or refund, not give it to some egotist to make a ridiculous self-glorifying YouTube video!

I went to find this "flamethrower" guy and its a radio sold on ebay.
The FULL text is hilarious, not the choice snipping Snake threw on YouTube.
This Flamethrower writes this dissertation on CB techs, tells you what to avoid but describes the exact same thing he/she does in their dissertation. In other words, avoid me too. Wow. LOL.

ANYHOW. Snake thinks this is all directed squarely at him. It's not.
He is at best implied in a tertiary manner.
It seems to be squarely aimed at Fine Tune in fact.

I think Snake is trying to inject himself into that conversation for the free publicity.
Lotta work.....

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
What is this?

From one of his videos:

I went to find this "flamethrower" guy and its a radio sold on ebay.
The FULL text is hilarious, not the choice snipping Snake threw on YouTube.
This Flamethrower writes this dissertation on CB techs, tells you what to avoid but describes the exact same thing he/she does in their dissertation. In other words, avoid me too. Wow. LOL.

ANYHOW. Snake thinks this is all directed squarely at him. It's not.
He is at best implied in a tertiary manner.
It seems to be squarely aimed at Fine Tune in fact.

I think Snake is trying to inject himself into that conversation for the free publicity.
Lotta work.....
he is and always will be paranoid even though he didnt do the work lol.

From this link..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Galaxy-DX9...igh-Performance-SSB-AM-CB-RADIO-/292082453299

FACT: An AM signal is fully modulated when the "swing" doubles the carrier. That is to reach 100% modulation a 4 watt dead key should swing no more than 8 watts. The greater the excess forward swing ratio to carrier output the greater the distortion of the audio. This proportional carrier is necessary for the AM receiver to properly demodulate the audio from the signal. By adding a so-called "swing kit" you add excessive swing, therefore resulting in distorted transmit audio. Despite all the myths about swing kits, excessive swing will NOT help you get out better, but in fact will degrade the quality of your signal. Simply stated, swing kits are snake oil nonsense.

... [ ... ] ...

FACT: Attempting any DIY "Do It Yourself" receiver upgrade, power upgrade or so-called "swing kit " may not increase the performance of your radio at all, instead it may actually impede it's performance. Why? Some are just nonsense, and all others require much more than just installing parts. It requires proper alignment equipment and technical skills to do ANY performance upgrade on ANY radio. It's like installing a rebuild kit in your vehicle's carburetor and expecting top performance without making any adjustments. Throughout the years scam artists and wannabe techs have come up with many creative and interesting ways to get people to purchase worthless modifications and bogus upgrade kits which only retard performance and sometimes ruin their perfectly good radios. Remember, it doesn't take much to ruin a brand new radio, and DIY kits almost always void any existing factory warranty. Don't turn "Do It Yourself" into "Destroy It Yourself". Leave the mods and upgrades to an expert.

Takes quite a swipe - broadbrush type of one - but they claim to do it themselves.

SIGH...Here we go again...

The Flamethrower 959 is absolute BS. I’ve had 6 of them in my shop, pure lies and snake oil. The larger majority of that crap listed hasn’t been done to those radios, the seller or tech is a crock of lies and stinky, runny, well... you know.

I got some BlowTorch Cobra 29’s that are powered internally with a nuclear core. They put out about a jiggawatt of swing and the receive surpasses any Icom or Yaesu due to me putting double diodes in them and first stage IF amps. (This is a joke, my attempt at sarcasm and being facetious).

I know a lot of people out there are quite happy to give Snake a lashing for his snake oil mods but some of these "flamethrower" mods are even worse BS than his are.
I didn't bother to read all of it but holy smokes now that I have.....

"Upgraded audio amp for 100% modulation with stock mic"
Seriously?

"Upgraded front end detector diodes with superior quality Schottky "hot -carrier" diodes increasing receiver sensitivity. ( Factory Installed )"

Now a "hot -carrier" [sic] diode sounds impressive, but that's just another name for .... a Schottky diode.
Are they "upgraded" or factory installed?

Snake radio never came up with this level of snake oil.
And neither did Fine Tune for that matter.

Wow.

Exactly. I’ve upset a few people by telling them those diodes were there right out the box. Even more heartbreak when I told them they didn’t get all they thought they were or paid for. The ones I’ve seen performed like a stock 959.

I’ve said it before, why can’t people just be honest? Why do people try to rip people off?

money personally i would never do this to any radio. i prefer smooth talking radio. not a spatterbox throwing spurs all over ham radio

A lot of people are better off taking it out of the box and using it as-is.
Let's be realistic about one thing...
A radio out of the box is not going to be as good as a radio realigned by someone competent. This is the one small fact in the larger lie that is overused.

In manufacturing time is money. The specifications of a radio are usually met at the time of manufacture. I have never seen a mass produced product personally that did not.
Do some slip by? yes.

That said, you can certainly get them to perform better because when these are aligned it's using a pass/fail system for most of the procedure. And the procedure is often designed for low skilled workers. Turn this control until the meter reads x, for example.

If you want performance from the factory, you have to pay for it because they need better skilled workers AND more time to do it.
That means the line isn't making more lucrative Microwave ovens today, it's making low volume CB radios.

This is why things like Snake's "setup" or this "flamethrower" exist.

Reactions: jon666
And the "Flamethrower" Decal - it doesn't and isn't part of the backlit silkscreen - looks so "aftermarket" - its...Shoddy...like 5-Minutes ago...

Not to beat them up but if they go thru it to align the radio - that's usually good thing - it's the pricetag that makes many a user balk. And when the tariffs kick in - - well you know the rest of that story.

But to say "still has 2 year warranty" from Galaxy - we've been wondering about it's Parent company - RCI and if they are even in business to handle this kind of business. Only local regions of spotty repair shops to fix these and thankfully they even offer to honor such a warranty.

If there is anything that I hope Snake Radios will listen to it's to not go down the path of Fine Tune and start bashing others.
Even if he is right it's the perceived bias.
You know the idiom... those who live in glass houses....

Reactions: kaos513

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.