• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Sirio New Vector 4000 Install

That is 60 pounds of gravel in the bottom so the beam doesn't sit in a concrete bucket.

IMG_20180226_134949333.jpg

My son helped me with the 6x6 beam 16 feet long. We set it on the ground and tipped it up into the hole without too much effort.

IMG_20180226_165021981.jpg

I mixed up seven bags of concrete in a wheelbarrow one bag at a time. Its 560 pounds of concrete total. I let my kids write their names in it before it completely set up.

IMG_20180227_142028022.jpg

Last edited:
That looks real nice. Is that snow in Texas? I see your cable goes quite a ways up the tower, I will try that to help alleviate some stress on the pipe joints. Yes a beam tower is definitely on the list.
Actually that was ice...We had a storm blow in right after I put the antenna up that was nothing but sleet and freezing rain...The pipe I used to raise the tower is old drill stem, all I had was 2, really need 3, but gets the job done raising and lowering the tower...I do have to add a cable on the back side of the pole and anchor it to the ground when lowering or raising the tower tho, to keep the drill stem from bending.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
That is 60 pounds of gravel in the bottom so the beam doesn't sit in a concrete bucket.

View attachment 22771

My son helped me with the 6x6 beam 16 feet long. We set it on the ground and tipped it up into the hole without too much effort.

View attachment 22772

I mixed up seven bags of concrete in a wheelbarrow one bag at a time. Its 560 pounds of concrete total. I let my kids write their names in it before it completely set up.

View attachment 22773
Haha! That's how I did my concrete too!......Mixed it up in a wheelbarrow, only it took "56" bags... Hole had to be 3'x3'x4'....

Haha! That's how I did my concrete too!......Mixed it up in a wheelbarrow, only it took "56" bags... Hole had to be 3'x3'x4'....

The rental fee for a mixer at home depot was well worth it. I had around 80 60lb bags. Home depot wanted to charge me a deposit for the pallet the concrete was on. When I told them I didnt need the pallet because I didn't own a forklift they were confused. After taking to a manager 2 guys stacked it all in my truck.

The rental fee for a mixer at home depot was well worth it. I had around 80 60lb bags. Home depot wanted to charge me a deposit for the pallet the concrete was on. When I told them I didnt need the pallet because I didn't own a forklift they were confused. After taking to a manager 2 guys stacked it all in my truck.
I started to do that, but after buying 60 80 pound bags of concrete I figured I had spent enough on the hole project...

Mine...

70LbOLA.jpg

P2rEEYQ.jpg

bt2rCss.jpg
Wonderful!! I'll bet it doesn't take much output to talk all over the world (conditions considered.)
I could only imagine your receiving capabilities. Only a dream that'll never be realized. Oh well. :(

Reactions: jessejamesdallas
Wonderful!! I'll bet it doesn't take much output to talk all over the world (conditions considered.)
I could only imagine your receiving capabilities. Only a dream that'll never be realized. Oh well. :(
Talked to people in just about all the English speaking Nations at one time or another, and a few non-English Country's...Not allot of power, and not always on SSB channels either...antenna does most of the work...just a mater of getting the house pointed in the right direction!:D

I put a working platform at the top of the wooden part of my tip over mast. The wood part is 17' tall. I attached a pushup pole to it that I can, if I wish, extend to an additional 20+ feet. The pushup pole is a simple combination of 3 EMT tubing sizes. 2", 1.5", and 1.25" inside each other. When changing out antennas I can crank it over, for simpler tuning adjustments I can work from the platform then push the tubing up and pin each one at about 9' out of the one below. I do use guy ropes from just below the antenna mount point. This setup puts my EFHW at 37' right now. I once had a 40' push up pole attached that got me an additional 9' up. One section got jammed up so I took it off in favor of the much lighter EMT. G_0245_zps4b8cf966-02.jpeg
This photo was of when I had the 40' pushup on it. It is not extended here.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated