• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Time is now to revive CB Radio

Well was a good radio weekend here in CT.
Some friends of mine have been talking about getting on the air for awhile and finally decided to follow through. We drove down to Delta Electronics in NYC a few weeks ago and picked up a few A99's. Gathered some poles, mounts, ground rods etc and finally got it done this weekend. I gave one friend the 5001z to get him started and the other friend had his fathers old President Zack T with a D104 (y)

Yesterday went pretty smooth at the 1st house. Had to futz around with ferrites and antenna tuning to get the system working well. But in the end it did talk/hear good.
Today went quick at 2nd house, antenna was good as is. I plugged in ol' Zack and gave a call out. Right off the batt made contact with "Dirty diaper" outside of Columba, SC. :ROFLMAO: Friend's wife was out of town so I convinced him to just drill a hole in the old Family Truckster roof rather then mess with magmounts and crushed coax in doors. NMO27 all tuned up and working well now. (y)

Some friends of mine have been talking about getting on the air for awhile and finally decided to follow through. We drove down to Delta Electronics in NYC a few weeks ago and picked up a few A99's. Gathered some poles, mounts, ground rods etc and finally got it done this weekend. I gave one friend the 5001z to get him started and the other friend had his fathers old President Zack T with a D104 (y)

Yesterday went pretty smooth at the 1st house. Had to futz around with ferrites and antenna tuning to get the system working well. But in the end it did talk/hear good.
Today went quick at 2nd house, antenna was good as is. I plugged in ol' Zack and gave a call out. Right off the batt made contact with "Dirty diaper" outside of Columba, SC. :ROFLMAO: Friend's wife was out of town so I convinced him to just drill a hole in the old Family Truckster roof rather then mess with magmounts and crushed coax in doors. NMO27 all tuned up and working well now. (y)

Sounds great! CB is the gateway.

I talked to your buddy on 6 with the Zachary t the other night we are in the same town. Similar age ive been on the radio for a while here but mostly use 38lsb unless skip is rolling. Glad to see some more locals getting on the air from milford. I talk to a bunch of guys every night up on 38 hope to hear ya around
Viking 77

I finally got to play with the BC wireless mic I got my brother for Xmas. :LOL:
And I have decided I needed one of these in my life.

Had a bad weather (impassable roads) experience today where a front-end excavator doing snow-plow work was kind enough to clear my way in/out of a warehouse lot so I could drop my empty trailer (not possible to get the loaded one).

At one point I got the tractor stuck and he was maneuvering so I could take a different track backwards once cleared.

He didn’t have a CB. But if he did our efforts would have been easier had I the wireless mic in use conjoined to my hand signals.

Saying, “THANK YOU”, on the spot would also have made the end of our joint efforts clear (it was a long slow stomp back to the cab).

This is a useful tool.

I haven’t yet tested TX distance from remote stance (back of trailer and off to one side nears 100’ pretty quick); a M0OGY vid on the Euro-spec LIBERTY mic was good at 200’.

I need to figure out how far and at what angle from cab.

A Bluetooth repeater (router?; just got past my understanding) might be able to increase this distance. And correct for narrow angle.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Had a bad weather (impassable roads) experience today where a front-end excavator doing snow-plow work was kind enough to clear my way in/out of a warehouse lot so I could drop my empty trailer (not possible to get the loaded one).

At one point I got the tractor stuck and he was maneuvering so I could take a different track backwards once cleared.

He didn’t have a CB. But if he did our efforts would have been easier had I the wireless mic in use conjoined to my hand signals.

Saying, “THANK YOU”, on the spot would also have made the end of our joint efforts clear (it was a long slow stomp back to the cab).

This is a useful tool.

I haven’t yet tested TX distance from remote stance (back of trailer and off to one side nears 100’ pretty quick); a M0OGY vid on the Euro-spec LIBERTY mic was good at 200’.

I need to figure out how far and at what angle from cab.

A Bluetooth repeater (router?; just got past my understanding) might be able to increase this distance. And correct for narrow angle.

My wireless mic can go half way around the block with the radio inside the house. I think you will be satisfied with it's performance. We will expect a full update when you get yours going.

Mine reaches about 200' before it starts getting iffy. They seem to be some proprietary thing rather then standard bluetooth so I don't think you will find some extender to work with them. Just open the squelch and go for a walk. I think you will find it goes well beyond the orbit of your truck. Very cool product.

Mine reaches about 200' before it starts getting iffy. They seem to be some proprietary thing rather then standard bluetooth so I don't think you will find some extender to work with them. Just open the squelch and go for a walk. I think you will find it goes well beyond the orbit of your truck. Very cool product.

That’s distinctly farther line-of-sight than I would have guessed.

Thx for the demonstration!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.